2.2

"So, how long you been back in south Florida?" Agent Bilkins asks Alex as she leans back in her chair. Alex didn't have the best past with cops, especially the cops in Miami. The last time that she was in Florida, she had helped rob a bank. Granted she was undercover. She apprehended the team she had been working with before stealing some of the money and running.
"A few days," Alex answers with a shrug of her shoulders.
"Before that?" Agent Bilkins asks causing Alex to let out a sigh. "We know you're Alexandra Parker, formerly an asset of the Miami PD."
"You've got the wrong woman," Alex tells him with a smirk.
"Really?" Agent Bilkins asks before Alex nods her head.
"How you doing, Parker?" Agent Markham asks as he walks into the room causing Alex to look down with a sigh. "Let's take a walk." Markham takes Alex to the roof of the building. "Did you really think we wouldn't find you? Why did you run?"
"You wouldn't understand," Alex tells him as she looks away from him. Alex walks away from Markham before shaking her head. "You got the woman at the race. Damn, I knew she didn't belong there."
"Well, you still think like a cop," Markham states. "Even though you technically never was one."
"So, what do you want?" Alex asks him as she turns to face him.
"What makes you think I want something?" Markham asks back.
"Because you were scouting me and instead of arresting me, we're out here standing on a rooftop," Alex explains to him.
"I want you to go undercover again," Markham answers her.
"If I agree, can I have a life? With no more running from the cops. My record cleared?" Alex questions him.
"Yes, it's either you agree or you go to prison," Markham answers her.
"Then what are we waiting for?" Alex tells Markham with a smirk. He leads her into a room where there are some nice clothes.
"Get changed, then I'll fill you in more," Markham orders before leaving the room. Alex changes before going to find Markham, who is with Bilkins.
"Carter Verone. Born in Argentina. But he's lived most of his life in Miami. Now he owns the biggest import-export business in the state. Unfortunately, the cartels have been successful getting drugs into Miami. But they've had a hard time gettin' the cash out," Markham explains as Alex looks at the information. "We've been surveilling him for a year, but we've never been able to put him and the money together. We've swept his house, his warehouses..."
"Nothing," Bilkins interrupts causing Alex to look at him. "Customs here has done a great job of getting us this far. I'm just here to help get them over the top."
"I was able to get an agent in undercover, working travel and logistics for him. Recently, Verone put her in charge of finding someone who understands the racing world and can find drivers," Markham explains as he looks at Alex. "You will be working with her."
"Alexandra Parker meet Monica Fuentes," Bilkins says as the lady from the races in walks in.
"Is she briefed?" Monica asks and Markham nods. "Let's go." Alex leaves with Monica to go meet Verone.

TWO DAYS LATER

Brian and his friend, Roman Pearce, are led into a warehouse, before an Orbit Express Truck is backed inside.
"Brian O'Conner, Roman Pearce, meet Monica Fuentes and Alexandra Parker," Markham introduces as the back of the truck is opened to reveal Alex and Monica.
"Do they have background on Verone?" Monica asks as she and Alex get out of the truck.
"They've been briefed," Bilkins answers.
"Good. All right, here's the deal. Verone's looking for drivers. I've arranged for both of you to join up. I've also hired some thugs. You know, to make it legit," Alex explains to them as Brian looks at her shocked, causing her to shrug.
"When do we start?" Roman asks, not taking his eyes off of Alex and Monica.
"Right now," She answers.
"What are we drivin'?" Brian asks before the covers on the two cars in the room are removed.
"Whoo-hoo-hoo-hoo! Don't even think about takin' the convertible. It might loosen your mousse," Roman says as he throws his bag into the convertible.
"No, that's cool. That's too much chrome for me anyways," Brian tells before going to look at the other car.
"Damn! Where you all confiscate these rims from, man?" Roman asks no one in particular.
"Check in with us after you meet him," Bilkins orders Brian before walking over to Alex, Monica, and Markham.
"You think you're gonna have any problems with these two knuckleheads?" Markham asks.
"I can handle 'em," Alex answers him with a smirk.
"They give you any trouble at all, you let me know," Markham states.
"Thanks, Markham," Monica tells him before she and Alex start walking over to the boys. "I'll ride with you, cowboy."
"Why she gotta ride with you?" Roman asks causing Alex to roll her eyes.
"You get the convertible and me," Alex answers him. "Let's go."

"Turn right here," Alex tells Rome as he drives.
"You all right?" Rome asks her.
"You might wanna keep your eyes on the road, playboy," Alex jokes with a smirk.
"What, you think we're gonna crash?" Rome asks as he stares at Alex.
"Not likely but I haven't decided yet," Alex answers him with a smirk as she stares back. Rome speeds up as they continue to stare at each other before coming to a stop at a light. Alex lets out a laugh from the excitement of it. Alex and Rome look over to see Monica and Brian looking at each other.
"He did the "stare and drive" on you, didn't he?" Roman asks as Brian and Monica look at them. "He got that from me."