8.2

"I got you, I got you, I got you," Jimmy cheers from the table set up in the garage. Tej, Jimmy, and Suki are sitting around the table as they play poker. Alex smiles as she walks over to them, having missed her family.
"Is that right?" Tej asks, which lets Alex know that he has better cards than he's letting be known.
"Alex! Let me get a beat!" Jimmy says excitedly when he notices the girl.
"See, we can race for cash, but when I step on the gas, my nitrous go blast, leave your ass in the past. And, Tej, you about to lose your garage,"Jimmy raps to Alex's beat box.
"Whatever, man," Tej says with an eye roll as Brian and Rome walk over.
"I'm a low-budget mechanic, but I overcharge. Pay me!" Jimmy says as he slaps his cards down. Brian and Alex share a smile at the excitement of their friend. Alex gives Suki a hug as they all laugh at Jimmy's excitement. "Let's go, man! Pay me my money. I told you, man."
"You a happy man. I'm so glad," Tej says as he lays his cards down. "This is my garage, boy. Royal flush!" Tej takes the money from Jimmy as Alex gives Jimmy a hug. "Give me this, man." Tej and Rome bro hug excitedly as Alex and Suki share a smirk.
"You can't play a player. Put that money back on the table. You know it's my next hand," Suki tells them with a smile.
"Jimmy, how you gonna pay me back if you keep losing to Tej?" Brian asks Jimmy as they do a hand shake.
"How ya doin', bro?" Alex asks as she hugs her brother. "I'm gonna crash. I'll catch you all tomorrow." Alex is taking her earrings off when there is a knock on the door of her house boat. "Come in." 
"You okay?" Brian asks as he walks into the boathouse.
"Not really but I will be," Alex answers him with a sigh. "Verone, he... he kissed me. He said that if I ever touched another man, that he would kill me."
"Hey... Hey," Brian says as he pulls Alex into a hug. "I won't let anything happen to you, I promise."
"Thank you," Alex whispers as she looks up at Brian before she notices him leaning in. She knew it would be nothing more than a moment between them so she closes the distance between them. Alex quickly pulls Brian's shirt off before he unzips her dress, causing it to drop to the floor. Brian picks Alex up as they continue to kiss before he carries her over to the bed.

The next morning Brian wakes to a door opening. Thinking that it is Alex, he sits up with a smile on his face.
"What are you doin' here?" Brian quickly asks as he sees Monica walking towards him. Alex, who is out on the deck, hears Brian's voice and goes to investigate.
"Brian, they're gonna kill you. I heard him telling Enrique and Roberto. Once you finish the run, they're putting a bullet in your head," Monica quickly explains, showing how scared she is.
"You sure you heard 'em right?" Alex asks from where she is leaning against the doorframe.
"I'm sure. I'm sure," Monica answers her as she looks between the two.
"Verone's boys is outs..." Rome starts as he walks inside. "Oh, I see what they lookin' for, his little girlfriend here."
"They don't know I'm here. I snuck out," Monica says as they see their shadows through the curtain.
"What are they doin' here then?" Rome asks her.
"I don't know. Maybe they're guessing," Monica answers as she glares at Rome.
"Or they are looking for me," Alex says causing Monica and Rome to look at her confused.
"Hey, go stall them. Go stall them for two minutes," Brian orders Rome as he slides on a shirt.
"Check her, homey. Check her," Rome says before he leaves.
"Brian, Alex, this isn't about being a good cop anymore or...or doing your job. They're gonna kill you. You guys gotta pull out," Monica explains as she looks between them. "Don't make that run. Don't make that run." Monica walks to the bathroom.
"Be careful. Make that exit strategy happen," Alex says before she follows Monica into the small bathroom as she tries to form a plan. "Through the skylight. If Verone asks, tell him that me and you went to have breakfast this morning. I'm going to go around the garage and act like I'm just getting back." Monica nods before they quickly climb through the skylight.

"¿Donde està?" Enrique asks in Spanish.
"¿Quièn?" Brian asks back.
"You ain't comin' on my..." Rome starts as Enrique and Roberto start making their way onto the boathouse. Roberto and Enrique quickly pull out guns and make their way onto the boathouse.
"Hey, hey! Where you goin'? You stay right here with us, buddy," Enrique tells Brian as Roberto makes his way inside. Brian opens the curtain to keep an eye on Roberto as he worries about Alex. Rome goes to walk forward but Enrique points the gun at him. "Don't even think about it." Roberto opens the bathroom door to find it empty.
"¡Vámonos!" Roberto orders as he walks out of the boathouse.
"Stay your ass off my homeboy's boat," Rome says as he follows Roberto before he is elbowed in the stomach. They start fighting as Brian quickly takes Enrique's gun, pointing it into Enrique's shoulder.
"Put the gun down! Put the gun down now!" Brian orders as Roberto has his gun pointed at Rome's head.
"You first, asshole! You first!" Roberto yells at Brian.
"I'll shoot the shit outta him! Put the gun down!" Brian yells back. "Put down the gun now! Put down the gun!" Roberto starts yelling back in Spanish as Enrique also yells.
"Enough. Enough. Shut up. Shut up. It's over. Come on. It's over. Let's go," Verone orders as he walks over to them. "Let's have the gun. Come on. Let's go. Let's go." The guns are lowered before Brian empties the barrel on the gun he is holding. Roberto and Enrique walk behind Verone as Brian walks over to Rome. "I'm glad to see you boys are getting along so well. Because tomorrow, Roberto and Enrique are gonna be riding along with you both and Alex, just so that we don't have any problems."
"What's going on here?" Alex asks as she walks up from behind Brian and Rome.
"Where have you been?" Verone asks with a testing look.
"I was getting breakfast with Monica," Alex answers him with a smile. "Us girls have to have a break from all of the testosterone.
"I'll see you guys in a bit," Verone says with a smirk before he, Roberto, and Enrique leave.
"What the hell was she doin' in there, man?" Rome asks as he turns to face Alex and Brian.