starlight

"You're in my mind when I'm asleep
sink in these dreams" - Star by LOONA

She reached out her hand nervously as the cold chill blew past, whistling through the trees. Max quickly looked at her hand before looking out to the abandoned road ahead of her, rethinking the consequences of what they have just done.

"Please..." Laila begged desperately, "we dont have long left before they catch us." Max looked into her eyes with shame before turning away from her, the sirens began to grow louder and louder as each aching second passed. "i'm sorry, i cant." max softly said, her words pierced through Laila's heart like ice.

"Please Max.. please...I love you so much... don't do this to me.." "I'm sorry Laila - just go without me... JUST GO" Max shouted as tears pricked her eyes, after a moment she felt Laila hug her tightly, not wanting to leave her. She kissed her check lovingly before letting go "I love you Max." Laila cried before running towards the eerie and mysterious path.

Police cars surrounded Max, the blinding lights covering the once peaceful forest as dozens of men rushed out, guns in their hands, while shouting at her to get on the ground quickly. One officer ran up and hand cuffed her, roughly yanking her to get up. The officer then threw her to the back seat of a police car, max looked out as tears rolled down her checks. Millions of questions race through her head but the one that stood out the most was is Laila going to be okay? She would always worry about Laila but this time this worry made her heart ache even more "We will meet again.." she whispered as she rested her forehead against the cold glass as the street lights flickered and cars zoomed past. Max prayed that she would see her again.