Sightless Seer

Request By: @FANonymous0

Falling.

The only sensation I felt amidst my shock and fear.

The sensation of rushing wind against my skin as I reached out for the possible hands of angels as I fell, completely silent as terror stole my voice from my throat. There was nothing, not my family, not a single soul looking or watching for me as I fell for what felt like an eternity. All of this fear and disorientation stemming from clouded eyes. Never had I been completely blind before, it was all blurred, the forms of people nothing but a reduction to lightness and darkness. An outline of shadows in amidst light, maybe even a colour.. But the sky felt especially dark tonight.. or was it the ground?

I was incorrect on both accounts.

Because as I finally met something other than gusts, I crashed into water. And at that moment I understood, I wasn't staring into the eyes of the sky.. but rather the inky darkness of a choppy ocean. I was helpless as I attempted to breach the water, trying so hard not to swim downwards in my disoriented state, not knowing which way was up. It felt like as I tried harder and harder I was pushed up and over myself with the violent waves, my mouth filling with water, my muscles aching as if they would tear, until eventually, I was unconscious...

~...~

"(Y/n)?" I recognized a soft-spoken voice as I spoke out weakly "Mother..?" I spoke as I felt the tears accumulate in my eyes, the corners of my mouth twitching as I wasn't sure if I should be happy or sad to hear her voice. "Today is your 13th birthday, my love," She said as she caressed my cheek gently, her hands matching her tone, the sensation of her soft palm making me sigh happily. The blur of blackness gave way to a gentle yellow as I turned my head around the odd room, there appeared to be only one window to the left wall.. but I couldn't ponder it long as my mother's voice came back, but it sounded like it was all around me, the echo making my features twitch as I turned my head back and forth, now unsure where exactly she was.

"(Y/n)..." She said softly

"Mother?" I say, the caress of her hand no longer soft as she wrenched it back from me.

"Tell me what you see..." Her tone was the same but her intention was wrong.. I could feel it as she wanted to conceal the true meaning of such a mundane question..

"Nothing..." I whimper, I couldn't understand the meekness in my voice as a heavy stream of tears began to cascade down my face like a deluge. "Your 13th birthday.. That's when every woman is afflicted with her curse, my love... You know what we have to do if you have it.." Her words frightened me greatly, but nothing more than what I knew she would do if I told her what I'd see.

"There is..." I pause as my shaking hand was clasped by a foreign set of hands to my right

"Don't say a word.."

A man's voice.. It was cool, calm but urgent.. Deep and raspy. With his voice, the rushing feelings and actions of centuries to come passed by my eyes... The sounds of people laughing, crying... Screaming.

A city once believed to be forever in ruin..

A man being frozen..

A man wrapped in metal..

A woman in black and another in gleaming red..

A man of green..

A man with the straightest eye..

A crack of lightning..

A city of gold... A head of raven hair.. cast in an aura of green.

"She's afflicted.. Discard of her at once," I breathed heavily as the fragments lessened and I was brought back to the present, the feeling of a thousand hands all over my body, their nails and their grips embedding my skin and causing me to bruise and bleed. I prayed my screams would halt their movements, but nothing would stop them as the sight of yellow grew closer.. Brighter.. until it was all I could see.