Overprotective!Zardy

(I got this idea from tumblr, but I decided to change some things a little bit)
(also tw murder implication or some shit idk)
--------
"I want to get my nails done at the salon, you mind coming with me?" You asked your boyfriend while picking up your purse (or any other type of handbag), Zardy looked up at you after he was speaking with his brother, Pumpkin Jack.

"Sure, whatever that means." Since he wasn't really much of a human, he had no clue what any of this stuff really meant, but as long as he's able to protect you, thats all that matters.

You two walk out of the maze and head into the big city using your car, it was a fairly long 30 minute drive but luckily the nail shop is still open.

As you hopped out of the car and walked into the salon, you didn't notice anything weird but Zardy did, he normally isn't the insecure type, but he did have a feeling that someone was watching you.

"Hello! Here will be your seat, we'll be with you shortly." There was a young woman who pointed you to the seat, which you sat in.

"I'll be right back, pumpkin." Your boyfriend walked out of the salon to take a breather, until a man showed up.

"Your friend right there is pretty damn hot, can I get their number?"

"They're my significant other." Zardy told the man coldy, nothing too deep, but it seemed to have offended this unknown male a little.

"Pfft! They're in love... with you? I mean look at ya, you're a scrawny old man, what makes you think you'd have someone young and beautiful like them? Let me guess, they're here at the nail salon using your money to get their toes and fingers done, well guess what old man, you're their sugar daddy, they're using your ass!"

Zardy chuckled, he's had worse insults than that, so this was nothing to him.

"So, you're mad because I got someone who you want? How pathetic." And the scarecrow walked away leaving the man dumbfounded in his own words, but little did Zardy know, this was not over.

-----------

"Zardy? Where are you?"

You were looking around the area for your scarecrow boyfriend , until you noticed him walking from the side of the building, he seemed normal, his usual expression.

"Oh there you are, finally you showed up!" You were a little mad, but of course, not to the extent of there being an argument.
"Oh, I was just walking around, waiting for you do... what is that you said you were gonna do again?"
You showed him your nails, which were your favorite color and usual length.
"Hm, why are they so long? They would get in the way if you were to work on the crops, you know?"
"Oh please, i've did a lot of stuff with long nails, trust me i'll be fine." You said in a sassy tone, you both walked to the car and drove off home.

Little did you know, a special guest was in the trunk of your car. ;)

---------