31.7

DSS-LOS ANGELES DIVISION

Hobbs is sitting at his desk as he stamps 'captured' on a man's profile before wiping sweat from his head with the towel that is around his neck.
"You're disappointed, aren't you?" Elena asks as she leans on his door frame.
"What are you talking about?" Hobbs asks her as he wipes his hands with the towel.
"The last arrest," Elena answers him as she walks into the office. "He was too easy. Target didn't even run."
"Ah, it's okay. Gives me a chance to hit the iron," Hobbs tells her with a slight smile. "Also lets me work on my stamping skills." Hobbs stamps another profile.
"You're a terrible liar," Elena says with a smirk, causing Hobbs to playfully glare at her.
"See you tomorrow, boss," Elena says as she starts walking away.
"I'll see you then," Hobbs tells her.
"Don't stay too late," Elena says as she walks out of the office.
"I'll stay as long as I want, Woman," Hobbs says with a smirk.
"I knew you would say that," Elena says as she walks away causing Hobbs to laugh. Hobbs picks up an envelope on his desk before letting out a sigh.

"Elena!" Hobbs calls as he reaches the parking lot. Hobbs reaches her before he gives her the envelope.
"What's this?" Elena asks him.
"It's the letter of recommendation you asked for," Hobbs answers her. "Just know I meant every word in there."
"Thanks, Hobbs," Elena tells him with a small smile. "Thanks for everything."
"Come on, way too sentimental right now," Hobbs says as he looks around causing Elena to laugh. "Get home. Good night."
"Okay, Good night," Elena says before she gets into her car.
"Hey, Hobbs," Alex calls from where she is leaned against her car.
"Parker," Hobbs says with a smile as he walks over to her.
"Lets get out of here," Alex says with a smirk as she looks up at Hobbs.
"All right, Woman. Let me go get my things," Hobbs tells her before giving her a quick kiss.
"You got five minutes, Hobbs," Alex says with a smirk before Hobbs walks inside. As Hobbs is walking back to his office he sees a man at his computer, typing. Hobbs reaches for his gun before realizing that he left it in his office. Hobbs clears his throat as he walks into his office.
"Just one sec," The man says as he holds up a finger.
"You sure as hell ain't the IT guy," Hobbs says as he stares at the man. "So you better start talking before I break that finger six different ways and stick it right where the sun doesn't shine."
"Agent Hobbs, right?" The man asks without looking at him.
"That's right," Hobbs answers him. "I'm also the last man on Earth whose computer you want to be hacking into. You just earned yourself a dance with the devil, boy. You're under arrest."
"Like I said, I'm here for the team that crippled my brother," The man says as he continues to look at the computer screen.
"There ain't no goddamn team," Hobbs tells him as he thinks about Alex. "It was just one man, and he's standing right in front of you." The man pulls an usb device out of the computer.
"The lady was right," The man says as he turns to face Hobbs causing Hobbs to glare at him. "You are a terrible liar." The man kicks the desk at Hobbs before jumping over it, kicking Hobbs in the face which sends Hobbs through the glass wall. Hobbs throws the man through one glass wall before punching the man through another wall. They exchange punches before the man tackles Hobbs to a lower level, landing on a desk. They continue to exchange punches before Hobbs slams the man through a table onto the ground.
"Damn IT guys," Hobbs says as he gets up before the man grabs a piece of glass, cutting each of Hobbs' knees. The man gets up grabbing a light before slamming it against Hobbs' head causing Hobbs to flip over a couch. Hobbs looks up to see a gun strapped under a desk. Hobbs grabs the gun before shooting at the man, who ducks for cover.
"Hobbs!" Alex calls as she rushes into the room, grabbing a gun from underneath a desk before also shooting at the man.
"On me!" Hobbs orders her. The man throws a bomb at Hobbs before flipping a desk and hiding behind it. Hobbs sees the bomb before he sees Alex. "Alex!" Hobbs grabs Alex before the bomb goes off. The explosion sends them out of the building. The blast sends the desk that the man is behind flying back against the wall, along with him. Hobbs lands on the roof of a car with Alex safely on top of him.
"Hobbs?" Alex asks as she catches her breath. Hobbs doesn't respond. "Luke!"
"Hobbs! Alex!" Elena yells as she runs over to them before Alex passes out from blood loss.
The man gets out of behind the desk, looking around before his eyes land on Hobbs' computer which has Han's profile brought up.