The Beginning

This is the full synopsis

It is the year 2100.
Technology have evolved in unprecedented and unseen ways. Talks of fusing humans and weapons have surfaced. Of reaching immortality at the price of humanity. Of organs and machines becoming one and the same.

Alternate X.
A new project the government of Byon have released, with promises and hopes to end the war that has been going on for centuries against the enemy country of Kruisel. A vicious army with unequaled strength, with unmatched and unwavering power.

The only problem? It needs volunteers, and whoever joined Alternate X came back a monster deprived of their humanity.

...

Asma and Nate have been best friends since as long as they could remember.

Unseperable since birth, they would play with each other as children, protect each other in war and eventually grow up to be fond of each other in their teens.

Shy and reserved, seventeen year old Asma had learned to hide her feelings for courageous twenty year old Nate. Charming and brave, all the girls could not resist and try to capture his attention, adding to his player reputation. Yet, Asma can't help but almost feel that he reciprocates her feelings, especially when he would grow protective of her whenever guys approached her, or when he'd give her roses and chocolates whenever she's sad, or when he leans down and tilts her chin so she could look at his golden amber eyes.

Could her heart be driving her insane?

Bombarded by the fear of losing each other, both of them never dared to admit their love. Until one day, a guy attempted to ask her out and Nate ended up messing him up.

Their romance was short lived however as the enemy blasted their city.

With his family murdered by the enemies' armies, Nate vowed to fight for his country in whichever way possible to earn victory, even it meant leaving everyone behind, even at the price of sacrificing his own humanity and joining the notorious Alternate X.

But separation is never meant to be easy, even when Nate attempted to make Asma promise to move on and forget him, even when Asma promised to wait for him no matter what.

It is the year 2105.

5 years has passed and the war between Byon and Kruisel has ceased.

Asma is now a 23 year old nurse. Though she's not reserved as she used to be, her shyness still consumes her every now and then. Wearing her heart on her sleeve, she lives to take care of the sick and in need, hoping one day she would re-unite with her love. For she still longs for the boy who took her heart along with him to war. 

But the war has ended, and the Alternate X army was demanded to be released.

5 years is a lot of time.

With her city confined due to the war, Asma barely welcomed any changes in herself. Her hair was surely longer, and perhaps she had lost a bit of weight, but her height is still the same, and her cheeks still redden up whenever she gets nervous.

Naturally, innocent Asma still yearned for the lively boy she had fallen in love with.

Soon enough, however, Asma soon realized that something was wrong.

Because it wasn't her charming Nate who arrived.

She wasn't sure it was her Nate at all. Not when he didn't stop her when she leapt back from him. Not when he has a chest of steel and wings of metal. Not when his eyes were no longer their fiery amber old, but charcoal dark as night, with one large scar sliding through his left one. Not when he had doubled in height and his voice was no longer the same. Not when when she had realized that he was no longer the boy she had long awaited and whom her dreams had chased but twenty six year old General Nathaniel Straevsky the vicious army leader and president of Alternate X.

The Alternate X:

Will my love for villains ever end? <3

So Dunnn dun dunnnnn!
Again, you ask me, what on earth are you doing when you! Have! So! Many! Stories! To! Update!
–To which I answer: blame my coffee! Whenever I drink caffeine, I get so hyper, and I couldn't help but squeak and write it all out when I got this idea!

I'm not a science fiction fan, and I have 0 knowledge about it but I just thought it's nice to have a romance story with this concept. I've never read anything like itt!

Please tell me your opinion, what you think, do I continue, do I not? Criticism is always welcome <3 I awaitttt

I want to write comfortably this story. My English is not my mother tongue so I sometimes struggle a bit with writing. So, I'm going to write this story without stressing so much on my writing capacities since they sometimes hinder my motivation.

I love you all so much. Sorry I haven't been updating.

I hope you're all safe and well <3