Chapter 1

In the streets of Gaoling
Walking through the town, Thatch, Ace and Haruta looked around at all of the town citizens moving through the streets.

"What was the name of this island again?" Ace asked, looking at a flyer the flyer distribution man handed over to them.

"Hmmmmm... pretty sure Marco told us before we docked the ship," Thatch said, peering down from behind Ace to look at the flyer as well, "What did he say again?"

On the Moby Dick (flashback)
"We should be reaching an island early tomorrow-yoi," Marco said, looking down at the sea charts and log post, "We'll be making the usual docking arrangements and will be restocking the ship-yoi."

"What kind of island are we landing on?" Izo asked.

"We're landing on the Earth Kingdom, and the area we are docking in is the State of Gaoling. Apparently the residents can do something called 'earthbending,' where they can manipulate earth and rock-yoi," Marco explained. "The people are proud and strong, and adhere to the philosophy of a peaceful coexistence and cooperation with other islands and people of the world-yoi."

"Gurarararara, sounds like an interesting island," Whitebeard laughed.

End of flashback
"Oh yeah, we're on the Earth Kingdom right now," Thatch said, putting his hands behind his head.

"Do you think we'll see some earthbending?" Ace asked, scrunching the flyer and tossing it away.

"Doubt it, but I wish we do," Haruta answered while two male students left what looked like the Earthbending Academy that the scrunched up flyer was advertising.

"I think The Boulder's going to win back the belt at Earth Rumble VI," the first male student said.

"He's going to have to fight his way through the best earthbenders in the world to get a shot at the champ," the second male student said.

Overhearing this, the second division commander's ears quickly perked up and he started to run after the two people.

"Excuse me, but where is this earthbending tournament, exactly?"

"It's on the island of Noneya ...," the first male student sarcastically started, "'Noneya' business!"

As both males laughed and walked away, a snickering Thatch and Haruta walked up to a red-faced Ace who was glaring at them.

"Oh, I got to remember that one!" Thatch chuckled, wiping a tear of laughter away.

"I got this," Ace said, with a dangerous glint in his eyes, a clenched fist that was on fire and a wide grin on his face. He ran after the students that were now around a corner.

"Those guys are so screwed," Haruta said, watching the back of Ace turn a corner, feeling a bit of sympathy for the two boys that made fun of Ace, which only made Thatch laugh harder.

Sighing, Haruta looked down and then back up to see Ace running back to them with a big smile on his face.

"You guys ready to see some earthbending? Because we're going to Earth Rumble VI!"