Divine

For Connie Boley-Painter, a true angel in disguise; I miss you so much. And to my inspiration for Autumn; I will miss you as well.

                                                                                  ~Tia Caffee

They Walk with Us

There are those who enter our lives when we least expect it.

Whose love and kindness resonates in our soul.

When we feel like weakened candles, whose wicks are barely lit.

They swoop into our lives and their compassion leaves a toll.

They may look like you and I, but they hide a secret.

Invisible to us are their wings and halos.

You may not know it,

But these strangers are our angels.

They walk with us and talk with us just like everyone else, And strengthen our hearts and spirit.

They let us discover the strength and love within ourselves.

And when it's our time to leave this world, There is no need to fear.

For they will guide us to His gleaming gates of gold and pearl, And dry our tears.

-Tia Caffee 

Within Tragedy...

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."-Colossians 3:12

Twenty-eight year old Autumn Greyson was quickly awakened by the sound of his radio as Norman Greenbaum's Spirit in the Sky blared through his darkened bedroom. He lazily climbed out of bed and allowed it to play.

He shuffled to the bathroom and turned the knob on his shower, waiting for it to get hot. He stripped out of his boxer shorts and stepped in. As the water sprayed on him, Autumn caught himself singing along to the song.

"I'm going to go to the place that's the best!" he sang as he washed his hair.

When he was finished, he stepped out, wrapped himself in a towel and pulled his scrubs out of his closet. He dressed and finished drying and combing his short black hair. He clipped his nametag to his shirt, grabbed his duffel bag and keys and left the apartment.

"Do you have a busy day today, Doctor?" his elderly neighbor

Florence asked as she greeted him in the hallway.