| 16 |

Chapter Sixteen

~

I drove the whole way home with a smile on my face. The day was amazing. Despite the bad news, I was incredibly happy. Every second I spent at the Partridge's home.

Unfortunately though, all good things come to an end. And my ending is arriving back at home.

I spend a few minutes sitting in my car, taking a deep breath. I know my mom won't be happy. I just hope she doesn't take it too hard on me.

"Well," I sigh and grab the bag of frosted cookies beside me, "here goes nothing."

I push open the door to my car, and close it shortly after.
The sun was already almost completely set, the air getting cooler by the minute.

The second my hand twists the knob, and the door opens, I hear the chairs sliding on the floor.
My mom stands up from the table and quickly walks over to me with crossed arms.

"Where the hell have you been?" She scolds in a loud tone.

I sigh and gently close the door behind me.
"I was at a friends house..." I quietly respond back, tightly holding the bag of sweets.

"And who's house exactly? Because I didn't recognize the address on Life360," she pulls out her phone and opens the app, before pushing the screen to my face.

So it was.

And unknown address.

"Just a new girl at school. She's really nice and we made cookies," I lift the bag a little to show her, but she quickly snatched it from my hands and crushes some of the cookies.

"Mo-"

"Listen!" She cuts me off, "You left this house at around nine in the morning, and got home at five fifteen at night."
She pulls out her pointer finger and shoves it in my face.

"Mom I know I should've called and let you kno-"

"You think? Y/n I was worried sick! I've never met this person or their parents!" At this point her voice was at a yell.

"Probably because you're never home," I mumble under my breath.

But she heard.

And she froze.

"Excuse me?"

I sigh a bit and say it again.
"I said, you're never home!" I pick up my voice a bit. She seems taken back but it feels good to finally say what's pent up inside me.

"I wake up every morning and make my own meals, do all the home chores, and I do it by myself! I practically don't have parents! But what, you just get to come home one day and act like my life suddenly matters to you?"

Shit.

My eyes grow a little wide when I realize what I said.
So did my moms.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound tha-"

"Go to your room."

I bite down onto lip and nod, dropping my head and walking past her to my room. A little "sorry" escapes my lips once more.

You see, I'm frustrated with her. She has all these useless rules for me, that completely restrict me from breaking out of my shell.
And it's stopping me from being who I actually want to be.

So of course I'm gonna break some of the dumb rules.

I'm a kid.

The second my door closes behind me, I walk over to my bed, and a sigh escapes my lips as I fall flat on my bed.
My eyes burn up a little under arising tears, and I silently climb under the covers of my bed.

A single tear creeps out the corner of my right eye and lands on the pillow.
I'm not sad enough to have some sort of breakdown, considering the amazing day I had.

But maybe a few quiet tears would suit how I feel.

I close my eyes and a second tear escapes from my lid.
My room was dark. Curtains closed. There wasn't a sound. Not a noise distracted me.
It pure and utter nothingness.

That is, until I heard a vibration, and my phone lit up.

I opened my eyes once more, and reached for my phone that had been sitting on my nightstand.

One new message from: Louis :)

I unlock my phone and click on messages, to see that he had indeed texted me.

There was a picture of Louis, holding up a piping bag.
The green one.
And it had bursted.

All over his clothes.

"Maybe I should take my own advice" he wrote under the image.

I instantly giggled a little at the picture, staring at his face of disappointment.

My laugh fades down but my smile remains on my face as I reply to him.

"Deja vu?"

I giggle again, referring to the little tantrum Millie told me about.

"Shut up hawke"

That's all it took for him to cheer me up. Just a few simple texts.
I scroll back up and stare at the picture for a tiny longer, feeling my heart beat increase.

After a few seconds, I click on his contact name, and make tiny change.

Louis <3

Then with that same smile printed on my lips, I turn off my phone and close my eyes as an endless slideshow of tonight replays through my mind.

And before I knew it, even if it was very early, I fell asleep.

~
A/N: SUPER short chapter and I'm so sorry
I needed to finish what happened in the last chapter but I was too lazy to include it in the last one lol...

IM SORRY BABES I JUST RLLY WANTED TO UPDATE FOR YOU BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE

Oh and prepare for the story to get REALLY cute but also super awkward at some parts.