a study in johnlock

[Not my drawings on the cover, feel free to credit artist if yk who they are :)]

Chapter one

John fumbled with his keys in front of the door with his shopping bags at his feet. He let himself inside and sauntered upstairs. John unfortunately, was greeted with a silent
sherlock, curled up in ball on the windowsill. (Sherlock being quiet was never really a good sign).John draped his jacket over his chair and dropped the shopping bags on the kitchen table, looking rather relieved to rest his shoulder."John?" Sherlock asked, uncoiling from his fetus position. John mumbled in response. "Did you get it? What I asked for?" John reached into one of the shopping bags on the counter and sat a small paper bag on the windowsill. "Formaldehyde solid. This is what you wanted, wasn't it?" John replied with a resigned look on his face. Sherlock's face lit up and flashed a small smile as he got up from his place at the window. "YES, John, thank you." He said with an unusual amount of gratitude."Formaldehyde solid, a deadly poison that dissolves without a trace in any organic solvent I choose. Where did you find it?"
John wandered over to the fridge and started to unpack the other contents of the bag. John replied with a sigh,"A rather suspicious vendor on Daventry st., Murder to get ahold of him. Almost got stabbed in the process, but here we are." John finished putting away everything and picked up his jacket once again. "What do you need that for anyways, sherlock?" Picking up the bag, sherlock took it over to a file cabinet where he retrieved a pair of rubber gloves and slid them onto his hands. He then carefully unfolded the small bag and emptied the contents into the palm of his hand. 4 small capsules of white powder.
"I'm not sure what use will come of them yet, but in the future these capsules will presumably see to be rather convenient." Sherlock replied, not looking John in the eyes.