Because You Love Me

Tom sat in the Hogwarts library writing his essay on human transfiguration hoping to Merlin that Dumbledore doesn't somehow fail him because of the man's personal vendetta against him.

One grammatical mistake was all it took for the Transfiguration Professor to give him a Dreadful, bringing down his entire average.

Minutes passed and all that could be heard in the library was the scratching of quills, students gossiping --or snogging-- somewhere in the stacks thinking that they were being quiet.

Tom tuned it all out, he was used to the quiet commotion of the library and learned to pretend it didn't exist. The Head-Boy worked in a secluded but still visible table near the left side of the room.

It was secluded enough so he could work in privacy without people ogling at him but still public enough so people could come talk to him, he had a façade to keep up, after all.

As he worked Tom wrote little notes correcting the mistakes in the 7th years transfiguration textbook. It was laughable how much incorrect information they were feeding students.

He kept working when he felt someone pulling a chair, Tom got ready to plaster a charming smile on his face, before it fell when he realized who had sat beside him.

Tom raised an eyebrow, "What are you doing Harry?" He asked as Harry pulled his text book towards himself and started writing on a piece of parchment.

"I'm simply writing my essay for Transfiguration. What are you doing, Tom?" Harry said cheekily before turning his attention back to writing.

Tom rolled his eyes, "I'm not talking about that, I'm questioning why you're using my textbook when our books are the exact same."

"Sure, they're the same, but mine doesn't have your notes on the pages."

He just stared at Harry, exasperated. Why did he put up with the menace?

"Because you love me, of course!" Harry said cheerfully, acting as though he didn't just read his mind.

Tom sighed but didn't deny the notion. He tried to stop his lips from curving but he couldn't stop the fond smile from forming on his face as he watched Harry's nose get scrunched up in confusion.