Sightless Seer (2)

After a long-winded explanation of how to take care of Loki like he was a dog, The Avengers finally began to pack up and head off of the island- But not before each person gave Loki their thoughts. One by one, I'd hear the same thing; Muffled mutters of intimidation that, by the sounds of it, did more bad than it did good. Antagonizing this god clearly will just rile him up to cause more problems, and since he's under my care.. His problems.. Are now mine.

Fantastic..

I run the words of the elder through my head as I hear the last few members board; "You must strengthen your will if you intend to be a worthy opponent to the supposedly correct." Now it appears that my teacher was far more specific than I'd figured initially. "Now, All-Seer, if you have any problems- Don't be afraid to call The.. Aaavengers.." I heard Mr. Stark say, his words trailing off into a drawl as I heard quick scribblings, to which I held his hand "Are you writing me a number, Mr. Stark?" I queried, to which I heard him begin to say 'yes' to, but stopped at the breath.. Realizing his error. "Right.. I am very sorry," He apologized as I giggled, patting his shoulder as I reassured him and the rest of his team "I've never given up on any soul, no matter how trivial the task, I have had my fair share of disorderly, skeptical, and stubborn individuals.." I said as I clasped my hands together, my bell sleeves sliding down my forearms as I smiled kindly.

"Well.. We wish you luck and applaud your efforts in advance, All-Seer." Natasha said with a laugh, to which the Avengers began to flow back into their ship, like a backwards river. "Safe on your journey!" I mused to which I waved in the direction of the now rumbling ship, the black mass slowly rising from the sand and taking off hastily. "Well, Loki.. It looks like it's just you and I now," I mused as I looked in his direction, to which I heard him scoff, most likely tipping his head to the side with an exasperated expression. "Now, Loki." I started, stepping towards him slowly, not even the slightest bit afraid of his towering silhouette.

"I am aware of the fact that you are.. Less than a fan of me," I continued, only to hear him snicker as I paused "What's so funny?" I query "Oh.. It's just.. I find it amusing that you think that you can even calculate the amount of disdain I hold for this bloody island, as well as being under the supervision of.. You," The word 'you' seemed to roll off his and burn me, like brandy on an open wound.

I kept quiet for a moment or two. To which I'm sure he thought he'd actually hurt my feelings. Sure, his words stung a little, but I refused to be belittled. "I see.. And you don't have to like me, my people, or the island that you're living on right now!" I said as I began to move back towards my home, the crunching of the sand beneath his feet in quick succession to keep up with me. He was most likely confused by my lack of offence to his words, maybe even the lack of threat for him to be kinder? Either way, I found it amusing that he picked up his pace to be walking in tow with someone he presumably despised.

"I am.. Confused.. Didn't you hear what I just said?" He queried as I kept my face neutral, not wanting my amusement for his reaction to show, given that he might be defensive and believe I was mocking him. "Oh yes, loud and clear, my friend. I just am aware of the tricks you use." I said as I used my stick to find the first step with ease, to which I heard him chuckle in both amusement and a bit of.. Anger?

"You don't know the first thing about a God's tricks, my dear," He said with a contradicting laugh to his darkening tone "Oh but I do, because if I didn't then what will I have been doing all this time?" I said as I pushed my door open, only to smell the pleasant smell of my flowers- Making me want a nice herbal tea.

"How old are you again?" Loki said after a few moments "Over 200 years old, 227 to be specific." I said retrieving a small kettle from a low cupboard "How old are you?" I query, happy to be making small talk that wasn't intended to offend me. ".. I don't need to tell you anything about myself, how do I know you're not going to just gain my trust and stab me in the back?" Loki queried in accusation, to which I had an immediate response "Because that's your job." To which he went quiet for a moment, before exhaling sharply from his nose, most likely shaking his head.