chap1

Betty... Betty...BETTY!!!
"Mum?"
"Darling, vacation is over. Time to get up or you will be late for your first day back at Rivindale high," sighed Mum as she opened the curtains.
"Urgh."
"Archie gets there early too, remember?"
I jumped out of bed.
"I' m up I'm up! I'll change before breakfast."
"Good," Mum said as she walked out the door.
Hmmmm I thought. I want to wow everyone today. So will everyone else. But first impressions count. As I analysed my closet I reminded over summer break memories. Archie's dates. Kisses. When I caught him having lunch with the children in the hospital. When Veronica and I thought Archie was two timing us, but we found him cleaning his Grandmother's house. I loved Archie. I had an obsession with him. A healthy one. Unfortunately, Veronica did too.
I picked out a short dress, blue with an A-line lace neck. My hair would be out, and looked hot after a hot date with the curler.
After breakfast, I was off to school. As I was walking I saw Midge, a good friend. We walked to school together catching up on summer gossip, and well... possible future gossip.
At school I found my locker, stuffed my new gear in and headed to the cafeteria, hopefully to catch Ronnie or Archie.
Neither were there, but I did find Jughead. Typically he would be here I thought. Other than being labeled Archies best pal, he was known as the food inhaler. Nothing filled him up.
"Hey Jug!"
"Betts! What brings you here early? I mean your normally here early...but classes haven't started neither has baseball. So that means no hitting the books or balls. Care to give?"
"Hahaha Juggy! I was hoping to catch Archie or Ronnie. Seen either?"
"Yeah both actually! Who do you want?"
"Doubled win! I might like to find Archie first and thank him for the date we had on Saturday."
" I had to ask!" Jug rolled his eyes, "He's in the library."
"Juggy you are legend, see you round."
"Yeah yeah. Bye!"
With no time to think I was at the library. It was big, but I had spent enough time in there to know where to look first. I heard something move, then I heard a groan and a sigh.
"Ronnie baby...."
Smooch smooch
"Ohhhh Archie...."
I marched over to the noise.
"Archie, Veronica....WHAT... You two timing rats," I screeched through tears.
I stomped out of that passion pit. What a way to start the new year!
In my anger I didn't see another student in the corridor.
BUMP.....
"Oh miss I'm so sorry......"