33. Trouble

Months went by pretty fast. The annual examination had arrived. Second year students barely slept, some even pulled all-nighter. They kept minimal contact with each other as they had no time to spare. It took roughly a month to cover all the written exams, practical tests and viva. Even after the exams had ended, the ones involved in healer training were still under pressure as its exam was approaching too. 

Ariana, Nathaniel, Sean and Alexa hadn't hung out with each other like they used to for a long time. They rarely saw the other inside the university and their phone chats revolved around study only.
Alexa was frustrated with her friends as she didn't get to make fun plans with them on the last day of viva like other groups had done. On the contrary, her friends vanished god knows where during the day time and were always busy whenever she asked them to meet her. 

Alexa have had enough. She called them on their group chat. They picked up one by one. "At least they picked up." She thought as she huffed in anger.

"Hey." Sean greeted first followed by Ariana and Nathaniel.

"For the last time, what is up with you boring people? Did the earth swallow you guys or are you avoiding me on purpose?" asked Alexa sharply.

"Oh yeah. About that. Family problems." said Sean in a way as if he'd made this lie on the spot.

"Same...."

"Mine too..." 

Ariana and Nathaniel answered.

Alexa's mouth hung open at their lousy excuses. "I may believe Sean for one second but Nate. You talk with your mother and sister for literally two minutes. And Ri. You don't even talk to your family."

"No no. Tell me. Is this the part where I branch out for good and make new fun and honest friends?" Alexa went on a rant.

 She heard Ariana sigh. "I'm really sorry. I was mentally tired after the exams. I just wanted some time to myself. "

 Ariana felt bad lying to her but she couldn't tell the truth either. That they were busy because their healer training had started to become intense. Their classes had doubled and their practical trainings were being carried out in all seriousness. 

All these changes had been done because a new disease had been seen in pack Ziram and Celik which had taken life of almost 2000 werewolves combined from both packs since its birth. The dangerous thing about it was that it was contagious.

 Experts had already shown their concern about the situation and warned the leaders to take it seriously. As a result, Windsors were alerted by the King himself and the information was passed down to the students as well. Hence, each and every student was training diligently for the sake of their nation.

Nate had been called several times by his mother and the other leaders of Pack Ziram to take over his position, which he had been trained for, and contribute in handling the situation. However, he didn't have the heart to return to their world at all. 

Ariana was worried about her pack too as Ravernia shared border with Ziram around its east and north. Borders must not have been closed as both packs depend upon each other for necessary edibles. Whatever this contagious disease was, it would soon spread over Ravernia as well. 

So none of them were exactly lying while answering to Alexa. 

"Okay, fine." Alexa groaned. "But you guys have to come to ACE today, okay?"

All three agreed and after an hour, they reached Ace of Clubs.

"You guys are jerks." Alexa complained.