The Letter

A month later when Wu Xi could finally leave the hospital and return home again, he found a package on his desk with a few letters nearby. Presumably, his assistant had put it there, when he took care of everything while Wu Xi was out.

Wu Xi already knew that those were the things he had to take care of himself. Happy to return to his boring old life once again he did not expect the letter to carry news that would forever change his live.

When he finally opened the package, a letter laid on top a jewelry box. Expecting the letter to explain the strange package he opened it first. The letter consists of several hand written pages, parts of it looked more like someone had copied ancient writing onto the paper. Maybe it was someone who wanted to do business with his shop.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

To my old Comrade,

I didn't die. Or you could say, I began another life once again.

I apologize for dragging you into that hell hole, but after all, it had to be you, you'll understand. I had no other choice. I was just lucy that it was with my only friend, and only person I ever trusted to go on this journey with me.

Now that this has come to an end, I truly can not tell wherever our friendship is over to or you'll one day be able to trust me again. But I know that you are rightfully mad at me. We've been close for so long but that doesn't matter when faced with this, dose is?

Let me tell you the truth about what had happened three years ago. My cousin and I did indeed roam about that area. And we did find a hidden cave. You already know where we ended up, when we decided to enter it, and like you've already read in my journal, I was eventually trapped there for some time.

Me and my cousin got separated so I was there in the dark alone. After a while I finally started to understand that place, you'll get a summary, but I think with your capabilities, you already have an idea about it. For me it was very difficult. I believe you will also understand this.

After a while I discovered that the influence this place had over me beginning to diminish. I knew I would starve in the cave if I didn't find a way out. Then I was given an inspiration about what I had to do when I wanted to leave this place. You already know the rest of the story.

When I finally escaped I took a few souvenirs with me, and after some time I found myself outside the cave. So I returned to civilization, the outside world. Then I was arrested in Xian when I tried to sell the objects I had carried out with me. And spend the next three years in prison. When I came back home, well I already tould you all that happened – I swear those weren't lies that I told you. That whole story is true. But there's something else you need to understand.

The next page was already full of ancient writing.

First of all this is the writing of the She-Kingdome. It was gifted to the people form the wishing tree, and the tree granted the ability to understand, speak and write it to us. I wright in this script so no one of the outsiders will understand if this latter were to fall into the wrong hands. There are probably now a multitude of different languages that you should be able to speak and understand in due time but this one is the safest to use.

About the bronze wishing tree. I think we are both of the opinion that this place should better stay buried in history.

On with the story.

When I was trapped in the dark and finally begun to fathom that the power the tree has granted me I only came as far as understanding that it is controlled by the subconscious. It is guided in ways I still can't understand. For instance, if I was hungry and wanted to eat chicken wings first I had to make myself believe that there were already chicken wings there. Otherwise no chicken wings would appear, even if I nearly starved.