forty six

chapter forty six
"the whole board"

chapter forty six"the whole board"

      "SCOTT, STILES! HEY!"

      LYNN TRIED desperately to catch up with her two male best friends, but the mere second that Scott caught wind of her — he darted up the stairs and disappeared to the second floor. Lynn disappointedly bowed her head to the ground, letting a rippled sigh escape her lips.

      Ever since the boy found out the reason behind Lynn's blue eyes, he had been avoiding her like the plague. He didn't hear the story of her sister, more so just why she had blue eyes. Scott doesn't waver into the morally grey area like Lynn or Derek, and he could come up with a million different ways other than to kill someone. So, he lost trust in Lynn — thinking she should've told them plenty time ago why she had blue eyes.

      "You didn't think I'd bail on you, right?" Lynn glanced up with soft eyes towards the scruffy haired boy who had spoken up to her surprise — her Obi-Wan. "C'mere."

      Stiles flashed a sympathetic frown in Lynn's direction, hating the puppy eyes that had scoured her perfectly beautiful face just because of Scott. He lifted an arm to swing over Lynn's shoulder, and she warmly welcomed the side hug as the two began their walk down the hallway.

      "Scott still mad about the whole blue eyes?" Lynn questioned after a moment of silence, and Stiles exhaled a rather large breath of air.

      "Yeah," Stiles responded as gently as he could, and Lynn pursed out her plump pink lips in disappointment. She understand where he came from — the anger, betrayal, of not being fully honest with them. "But hey, I'm sure he'll lighten up. The longest he's ever been mad at me is like, two days."

      "I think this is different," Lynn replied, popping her jaw off to the side absentmindedly. "Are you sure you don't hate me too?"

      Stiles came to a sudden halt while wrapping his frail fingertips around Lynn's shoulder, giving her a mighty as he could muster of a shake, "Scott doesn't hate you! And you know I could never."

      "Thanks," Lynn flashed a toothy grin while rolling her eyes at her infamously dramatic best friend. "How are you dealing with the whole, um, Tara thing?"

Lynn had missed the scooby gang discovering yet another body — actually it had been Lydia who had led them to the place where they found her. Her name was Tara, and she worked at the police department, apparently Stiles had been friends with her for awhile. She used to help him with homework and such while his father stayed late hours.