ARP Books Literary Publisher

ARP Books was founded in 1996 in downtown Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. ARP publishes books on contemporary politics, culture, and social issues. They publish literary titles, and will consider works of nonfiction, fiction, and poetry that fall within their mandate. They are especially interested in works that contribute to the debates that are not often covered by mainstream publishers or media.

Purpose of ARP Books Publishers: ARP Books has provided great service for new authors and has help many up-and-coming writers to publish and circulate their literature.

Submission Information: ARP Books focus on Canadian-authored books. They are particularly interested in Manitoba authors however foreign-authored titles are considered but are limited in the numbers they can publish. ARP Books are not seeking works of speculative fiction, genre fiction, books for children or young adults, self-help titles, personal memoirs, novellas, travel books, or family histories.

In order to send a manuscript, the following must be completed:

- A cover letter explaining the primary objective of your manuscript. This letter should include the work's title, its unique attributes, and why you think ARP would be a suitable publisher. It would be helpful if you could describe your intended audience, what works it compares with, and how it is distinct in the field. Please note the current state of the manuscript, when you expect it to be completed, and its approximate length.

- A brief synopsis and an outline of the work (or the table of contents).

- A sample chapter or portion of the work.

- A writer's CV.

ARP Books do not accept submissions by mail, phone, or through social media. You must send the mentioned documents above as a PDF attachment.

ARP Books review process can take several months to a year or longer, depending on the number of submissions we receive. Therefore, they ask that you do not send follow-up queries until six months after your original submission.