Chapter 1

George woke up to a loud knocking noise against his door. Alarmingly, he sat up and heard his mum's voice from behind the wall.

"Wake up George! You're gonna be late." George was too tired for this shit. He just wanted to continue peacefully sleeping in his comfy bed, and he began to slowly feel faint again until another knock sounded on his door. "Come on George!"

"I'm awake! I'll be out soon." He slowly gets up from his bed, and makes his way towards his mirror. He plays around with his hair, running his hands through it whilst somewhat judging himself.

"Ew." He rolled his eyes at his reflection before walking to his desk and retrieving a bottle of cologne, the one he liked. It was a soft frangance, it smelled dusty yet sweet... the perfect balance. He couldn't bother to shower as he knew his mum would yell at him again, or just end up marching her way into his room. So he threw his old shirt off and put on a casual outfit for the school day. Nothing over the top, simple yet passable.

 Nothing over the top, simple yet passable

"Ok this will do", he thought to himself. He didn't have anything better to wear, and even if he did, it was only school. It's not like he was dressing to impress anyone. Well...

His mind drifted off, but he was reminded of his mum's annoyance, and he continued to pack his bag. He grabbed his laptop and a charger cord, along with various books for school. He didn't have anything interesting on today, so he wasn't concerned if he was late or not.

George went to pick up his phone to put it in his pocket but saw 2 missed calls and 5 messages from Nick (Sapnap) and 1 from Karl... what was George forgetting?

"SHIT! SAP!" He had suddenly remembered he needed to pick up Nick for school. He sped out into the kitchen with his bag and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge.
"Hey mum! gotta go, picking up Nick. can't be late!" He said quickly before heading to the door.

"Alright sweetie, I'll see you later! don't be late to school." She smiled warmly at George as he ran out of the door to his car. Luckily the weather at the moment was cool so he didn't need to use the A/C. He quickly connected his phone to the Bluetooth in his car and called Nick back.

-Ring ring- he picked up

"NICK OH MY GOD IM SO SORRY IM ON MY WAY I FORGOT I DIDNT SEE THE MESSAGES AND THEN-"

"GEORGE! calm down mate it's okay! I'm just waiting outside so I'll see you when you get here." He hung up and George tried to calm down as he prevented speeding down the road.

-At Sapnaps-

"Hey! I'm here. sorry about that." George waved and frowned in disappointment.

"George it's okay really, don't freak out. I let Karl know that you picked me up."

"That's what he wanted, ohhhh." Nick closed the passenger door and ruffled his hair slightly.
"Let's go." He nodded and George complimented his outfit.

" He nodded and George complimented his outfit

It was simple, but he pulled it off well.

"Music?" George asked and Nick agreed, he opened George's spotify and started scrolling. They'd been close for years so this was a regular thing for him to do.

"Heatwaves?" Sapnap questioned as George almost crashed the car in shock, his throat tightened and he played it off as a cough.

"Yeah um no." He said trying to avoid the song.

"Oh ok. what's wrong with it? It's added to your favourites album." Nick asked curiously, George knew he could trust him with any information but even he wasn't sure why he avoided this.

"Just don't play it please." He looked back at the road trying to avoid the conversation.

Heatwaves was the song Dream had sent to George one late night and he had listened to it on repeat because he knew Dream loved it. Everytime he played it, he would get butterflies in his stomach and think of him. He thought it was normal, they were friends after all... but this was far from "normal". He knew he had feelings for Clay, he just couldn't admit it to himself. Even Sapnap had caught on, it was like he had a 6th sense for these things.

"Ohhhh it's something to do with Clay isn't it?" He smirked, looking at George.

"Shut up. No it's not. Why would you say that?" George denied.

"Because I'm your best friend and I know everything. It's how it works. Plus I know you've got the biggest crush on him. It's soooo obvious." Nick says, dramatically.

"Is it?" Before he could take it back, Sapnap started yelling and saying "I knew it!".

"You're so stupid." George rolls his eyes. "But is it obvious?"

"Yes. It definitely is. But Clay is too dumb to get it into his fucking head. He's so blind it's not funny."

"If you keep talking about this I'll crash the car."

"Bet."

-At school-

The two get out of the car and grab their things as they begin to walk in.

"You should see the way you look at him. It's so obvious you like him." George sighs sadly.

"Okay you need to stop. Nothings going to fucking happen. Nothing has and nothing will. He's not fucking interested in me, he's gotta better things to waste his time on then me." He yells before sighing again in defeat. "Sorry I'm just so tired and stressed for these exams, I didn't mean to take it out on you."

"It's okay, I get it. I shouldn't have pushed you. But it is obvious." He chuckled as George shoved him.

"I hate you." He half smiled and acted mad.

"Love you too." They laugh as they make their way into school.