24. The calm before the storm

...Wat, I think you should move out"

"W-what?" Wat paused "P'Tine, I-I didn't know y-you were feeling this way. B-but I know this is not you, you-you're not this selfish"

There was brief moment of silence between the couple before Tine spoke up again.

"Wat, baby, look at me, I'm not saying that we break up. All I'm saying is that we both need our space and it'd be better for both of us, if we didn't...you know, live together" Tine said, his voice way more gentle than a few moments ago.

"P'Tine..." Wat trailed off.

"You know what, don't. Don't move out. I don't know what I was thinking. Just, just.. forget what I said, yeah?" Tine said and caressed Wat's cheek with his thumb before lifting the latter off of himself a little and putting him down on the couch, right beside himself. "I'm gonna go take a shower" Tine said and Wat just nodded a little in response.

After living together for almost a year now, Wat has become so comfortable and used to Tine that he almost found living without the latter absurd.

Every word that Tine just said were struck in Wat's mind. Even though his boyfriend just asked him to forget every thing that just happened, he couldn't. It wasn't that simple.

It has been over an hour since Tine went to their bedroom to take a shower. Neither of them went to each other as they thought the latter needed some time and space to organise their thoughts and compose themselves.

After about two hours since their talk, there was small knock on the door of their bedroom.

And before Tine could even respond from the inside of the room, the door opened just a little and Sarawat peeked only his head in, scanning the room with puffy doe eyes before spotting Tine on the bed with a laptop on his lap.

Tine looked at his boyfriend and gave him a small smile and Wat finally walked in to the room with a mug in each of his hand, closing the door behind by nudging it with shoulder, he went and sat beside his boyfriend.

"I'm having a headache So I made some green tea" Wat said handing Tine a cup.

Tine took the cup and placed it on the side table beside the bed, there was a hint of guilt visible in his eyes.

"Is it bad? Should I get some medicine?" Tine asked with concern, as he proceeded to check his boyfriend's temperature by touching the latter's forehead to see if he had any fever.

"I'm fine, phi" Wat said, in a low hoarse voice.

It was clear that he was tired. Very tired. Both physically and mentally.

"You should sleep, Wat"

Wat didn't respond to it and Tine didn't insist any further as he saw Wat was still very lost in thoughts. They sat in complete silence for few moments until Tine decided to break the ice.

"Wat?"

"Hmm?"

"Rest a bit, yeah?"

"P'Tine I...I'll move out" Wat blurted out suddenly in a hesitant tone, after a brief pause.

"W-what? Wat, I asked you to forget about it"

"But I want to, phi"

"Why? Don't you want to live with me"

"You know that is neither what I meant nor want.
I've been thinking a lot about what you said and you're..right."

"About what?"