Corruption

A pale woman stumbled into the hospital, barely able to hold herself up.

Nurses rushed toward her, taking in the swole of her belly and preparing her for labor.

She went into labor, her head slumping back in relief when her two baby boys were delivered.

"Tom... and Sebastian..." She said in between labored breaths.

The staff nodded mutely, a hint of pity in their eyes.

"Ma'am, I'm so sorry about this." One of them said.

"What..." The woman asked, her gaze flickering between everyone in the room.

Before she could ask another question, she felt a pinch in her arm and the world went black.

The doctor removed the syringe from her arm, sighing.

"These two were meant for something special... something frightening." He said, picking up the two children from the nurse who was supposed to carry them to the nursery.

"Sebastian Stan, and Tom Felton." The doctor murmured to himself.

He went to another family's room, where a husband and wife were crying, and left Tom out in the hallway while bringing Sebastian in.

"Ma'am, sir," He began to address them, "your baby is alive."

They both looked up in shock, and shared a glance before nodding.

Gingerly, the woman held out her arms. "May I see it?"

The doctor nodded, a slight guilt hanging heavy in his chest. "It's a boy."

The woman cradled Sebastian close to her chest, and cried.

The husband nodded at the doctor, tears threatening to spill from his eyes. "We... we thought we would never bring it to term..."

The doctor smiled gently and said nothing, taking Sebastian from the wife. "You and your child will be able to leave soon, Mister and Misses Stan."

They nodded, the husband leaning over and wiping his wife's tears from her face.

The doctor handed Sebastian off to a nurse, and the nurse took him to the nursery as he picked up Tom from where he left him.

He entered the Felton's door, giving the boy to the British couple.

When they say was all done, he sat and had a conversation with his coworkers.

"Wow... I can't believe they made you do that. I mean, isn't that kind of messed up?" One of his colleagues commented, strands of red hair falling into their face as they checked the charts of one of their patients.

"Very... but the government said..." The man started.

"The government said..." His friend mocked. "What happened to the old you? All, 'oh I'm an anarchist so that makes me better than everybody'?"

The man chuckled wryly. "You've got jokes."

The red-head arched an eyebrow before exiting the staff room.

The man sighed.

He'd regret what he did, but the woman was going to die anyway. All he did was speed it along. And if he happened to speed it up, he was just easing her pain.

Besides, that meant his wife was one step closer to being able to get a new organ, with one of the people at the top of the list gone.

This story was supposed to be multiple parts but I couldn't bring myself to write multiple parts about Sebastian Stan and Tom Felton being separated at birth, so enjoy these 507 words on it.