Chemical Reaction [One Direction: A Louis Tomlinson Fan Fiction]

CHAPTER 1

“Tyler!” I shouted over the loud music.

“Tyler!” I shouted again before seeing his beanie clad head whip around. I waved my hand in the air at him as I walked over to him.

“Hey Dice,” I only just managed to hear him over the noise as he shot me a grin. “Ready?” He asked maintaining his enthusiastic grin as I nodded in reply. We walked along the side of the bustling, screaming and shouting crowd to a black door marked in big white letters ‘BACKSTAGE – PERFORMERS ONLY’. Tyler held his guitar case in one hand and pushed through the door with his other and I followed. The loud music dampened and the hollers of the crowd become slightly distant as the door shut behind us and we made our way over to our band mates.

“You two are late again!” Mia, my best friend, also our bass guitarist practically yelled at me and Tyler, a disapproving look on her face. Tyler and I looked at each other, a smirk lining our faces.

“C’mon then you two, we’re on next!” Luke, our drummer, said to us all and we began to unpack our instruments. Tyler and Logan unpacked their guitars, Mia pulled out her bass and Luke twirled his drumsticks in fingers, probably showing off to the girl in the tech-crew who was looking him up and down. I shook my head at Luke as I learnt against the wall and peeked through the curtains to watch the band that was playing before us. I was the lead vocals along with Tyler so I didn’t need to get ready or anything. I just had to wait until the other band finished before running on stage to grab the microphone.

About a year or so ago my boyfriend – now ex-boyfriend, Tyler started up a band. Mia being an amazing bass player was put as their bass guitarist and ended up dragging me into singing as the lead vocalist in the band as well. Tyler and his friends Luke and Logan made up the name of our band; Chemical Kicks. I wasn’t in the position to object to the name at the time but after a year or so I guess I’ve come to like the name.

Tyler, although being my ex is actually now one of my best friends now. People would think we would despise each other or something but we don’t. It was a mutual break-up; we thought we were better off as friends and the truth was we were.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Mia tapped my shoulder saying we were ready to go on. I replied to her with a big grin and walked on stage and up to the microphone.

“Hey y’all, we’re the Chemical Kicks and we’re gonna be playing some original songs and some covers for ya. Hopefully you’re not a tough crowd so let’s get this going!” I smiled into the mic and waited for Luke to count us in before singing the first line of the first song we were going to sing; Pumped Up Kicks by Foster the People.

~ * ~

After about five or so more songs we thanked the crowd which fortunately did their job and cheered us on the whole time, and left the stage.

“Woo, well down guys!” I said to them as they packed up their instruments and gave them all high fives.

“Smashed it!” Mia said to me as she smacked her hand on mine.

“We going out for dinner after this?” Luke asked. Of course he had to ask; all he ever thought about was music or food.

I was about to reply but Tyler beat me to it, “I was thinking we watch the rest of the performances or something and then go out for a bite later?”

“Sounds good to me!” I replied, “And Logan can go get that girls’ number that he’s been staring at all night.” I winked at Logan and he smirked back at me.

“So I take Logan’s fine with this, what about you Mia?”

“Yep, sure” Mia replied swiftly and hooked her arm through mine, “We’ll be somewhere in the crowd!” She yelled behind us as we walked out of the backstage area.