Halloween

"I just got a text from a friend of mine about Halloween and as I wanted to write him that I will be there, like every year, I realized I will have a plus one what do you say." With a smile Morgan asks as he approaches Spencer in the kitchen of the office. "You want to join me?"

"Is it a Party?"

"Yeah but don't worry you will get along."

"I-You go every year?"

"Yeah we meet at his house no dressing up just a nice evening. It's kinda a tradition by now."

"It is?" Spencer asks insecure.

"Yes, come on you will like them."

"Okay,yeah,sure." He forces a smile. "We can go."

"Sweet I will text him right away." Morgan gives his boyfriend a quick kiss on the cheek before leaving him alone.

This was the opposite of what Spencer likes to do for Halloween. For him it's his favourite holiday of the year. Things like Christmas were always sad in his childhood but on Halloween he could dress up like all the other kids and not telling anyone who he was. And he still loves to dress up every year and go to plays and then walk around the city and see everyone in their costumes after stepping by at JJ's to tell Henry he has collected candy and wants to gift it to him. He doesn't collect candy. He buys it in the grocery store but the kid doesn't need to know that.

"My favourite Genius you package has arrived this morning at my door." Garcia announces coming into the bullpen.

"Oh thank you." As fast as he can he rips the package out of her hand and shoves it under his desk. "Thank you for bringing it to me. I- I- I have to finish this paperwork."

"No unpacking it together?"

"No, no I am really stressed. I need to finish this. I am sorry but thank you for ordering it with me."

"You are welcome. Send me a picture when you wear it."

"I will." In the package includes everything needed for a Harry Potter costume, since he read the books for the first time this year. Now he wasn't gonna wear it. Maybe he could sneak on the glasses and hide the wand in his jacket.

Disappointed he shoved the package with his feet beside and everytime he touches it by accident he wishes he could open it but what was the point of open it if he was just getting more downhearted about not being able to wear it so he sneaks the package home that evening and sets in on the chair in his bedroom, not opening it.

"You excited for tonight?" Morgan asks having his arms around him from behind as Spencer was standing in Morgan's kitchen making Toast for the both of them.

"Yeah."

"Me too I haven't seen a few of them in a year." Spencer had thought about asking Morgan if they could cut the evening short so he could still do everything he does on Halloween or if they could just go there later but Morgan had always come up with how much he looks forward. And how much this means to him, that he didn't dare to ask.

"That's- That's- it's good that- that you see them again. Tonight. That you see them again tonight."

"Is everything okay?"

"Yes." Spencer answers so fast, it was clear it isn't.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Concerned Morgan moves closer again to Reid. "I am looking forward for tonight."

"Spencer-"

"I am just- I don't know tired but I won't be tonight I promise." He leans in for a kiss. "I am looking forward to meet your friends."