Take a walk with me

Huge thank you to "spencersweater" who was so kind to let me write this inspired by this tumblr post:

https://spencersweater.tumblr.com/post/653574696752840704/i-think-my-favorite-headcanon-that-i-have-is-luke

<3

"Oh and Dr. Reid is walking around here somewhere maybe take the time to introduce yourself." Hotch advises Luke after they finished a conversation at his office about how they want to proceed working together. "He is probably in the conference room, if he is not there or at his desk please check with Rossi because then they both are doing everything but work right now."

"I will do that, Sir"

'Dr. Reid' is certainly a name that he had heard before as well as during the time he had been working now closely with the team and especially Rossi but also before already. 'Dude that Dr. Reid really did a number on that guy, not physically but that man's ego is definitely broken now'

'You heard about that Spencer Reid dude? Allegedly he was only 21 and already working at the BAU'

'Did you hear that about the Agent from the BAU, Dr. Reid or something? Poor kid couldn't save his own girlfriend from a stalker.'

'Did you see the press conference from the BAU last night? That Dr. Reid guy is something else'

"I am looking for a Dr. Reid"

"Oh you found him" With his lips pursed together Spencer turns around and smiles at him. "I am Dr. Spencer Reid but you know that already."

"Luke Alvez, no handshakes right? Your reputation proceeds you."

"So does yours, it says here that you caught Danile Collin three years ago."  He slips into a ramble about everything he read about the killer in the files and ends his monologue with a question, insecure looking up at the new addition to the team. "Sorry"

"Oh now worries, I am happy to answer your questions."

"You don't have to"

"No no no, show me the file, what was the question?" Right when Spencer wants to repeat it he interrupts him. "Right,how did we finally figure it out, well he was always a suspect but we couldn't pin him down so my partner went undercover. I am glad I can asses you guys to bring him back behind bars."

"No time for small talk let's get to work." Rossi steps in and the conference room fills itself with the rest of the team and he takes place at the table next to Spencer who gives him a hurt look for a second. His eyes trailing down on the chair and then back onto the file on his desk, nervously shifting in his seat and then slightly pulling at his collar once before bringing it out.

"Morgan always sat there"

"Morgan?" Luke asks and Hotch steps in.

"Derek Morgan, he left the team a few cases ago, it's fine."

"No no no, I can switch seats-" Just when he gets up Hotch takes over again.

"It's been months, Spencer can pull himself together."

"We will just make it your new seat." Rossi adds and smiles at Spencer encouragingly while Luke has the feeling that he just signals him that they do not at all take what Spencer feels regarding Derek's leaving seriously.