Part 1

Detroit
Darkness has fallen

I look up to the sky. The void has appeared. Faith is fighting. This is the first time the void has come since I lost my Faith. That was months ago. I can hear her calling for me to save her, and if I don't save her soon I will lose her forever.

I move to the center of the outdoor court as I hear her screams of pain and sobs of agony. I reach to the sky and begin to speak to what ever this thing is. Whatever in this void that has taken my Faith away from me.

I don't know who you are or what you want, but please let my Faith go. She's suffered enough can't you see?

At this point I can feel my life energy reach out and enter the void. At last I command

LET FAITH GO! GRANT HER FREEDOM FROM THIS PAIN! FROM THIS AGONY!

Suddenly the void gradually recedes. All the way until nothing but darkness is left. No sign of Faith. Until I hear a soft and frail "Mason...."

"Faith. Faith is that you?" I respond as a faint purple aura slowly brightens into the shape of a familiar figure. My Faith. At last.

As she walks towards me I see that she is overcome with emotion. As our hands meet I can feel my life energy bringing her back. As the aura brightens and she is brought back to her human form, I too am overcome with emotion. I let the tears run down my face as she forms back. The aura still remains, but at least I can feel the beat of her heart. The warmth of her touch.

She lays her head on my shoulder as I lean in to her as well.
And so we sat. On that Detroit night. In the Middle of an outdoor basketball Court. Just crying together and sharing our warmth. Once and forevermore.

That's it for part 1! Part 2 will come as I am available and can think up one. Until then, I love you all!