Goodbye

I stopped by their house to collect my things. Good thing they aren't home, I don't want them to know I'm leaving. I use my spare key they give me to go in. I collected my things and as I was doing so. I started to walk around and remember the memories we had. How we would always cook for each other, watch movies together in a fort we built. We made so many memories together, yet we drifted away because they started to hang out with them. At first, it didn't bother me, but they became distant, and started hanging out with them. I wish they knew how I felt before we drifted. I was there by their side for everything and anything. From dusk till dawn I was there. Yet they couldn't see I was in love with them. I sit on the couch as I daydream for a while. I continue to walk around, tears falling slowly. I was upstairs as I heard the door open, I carefully looked and saw it was them. They were laughing and smiling with them. I carefully grabbed my bag, and I saw them go to the backyard. I quickly leave the letter in their bedroom and carefully go downstairs. I don't want them to see me, so I quietly make my way to the front door. I slowly look back and see them smile. That will be the last time I see her smile. “Goodbye,” I whisper as tears fall and I walk out of the house. I walk to my car and put my stuff in the back. I get on the driver's side as I look back at the house, her house. I sigh and look to the front. “In another life,” I say as I start the car and drive. I look in the mirror and see her house getting smaller and smaller. I continue to drive as I think “she wouldn't have loved a girl like me.”