°Chapter 1°

I'm a Viking.

A Viking prince.

But I'm not like the others, they kill for fun, for sport. Why would they do that? These people are..well people. Just like us. They treat them like savages, slaughtering them brutally.
The only ones who live are the ones taken as slaves, and even then that might as well be worse than death.
I try and free the ones I can, but..
It's getting harder and harder as the guards get more thorough.

I just wish-

Hiccup flinched away from his diary and slammed it shut as his father knocked on his bedroom door. He rushed to pick it up and put it under his pillow before the door opened.

"H-hey dad," he said quickly, sitting down on the bed firmly.

"Hiccup, what have I told you about just...sitting here and daydreaming all the time? You're supposed to be training with Gobber!" He gestured angrily out of the bedroom door he'd entered through.

"Right, sorry sorry! I'm going!" He picked up his helmet, sword and shield and rushed out of the door.

Now, it wasn't that Hiccup was useless, he was far from it. He was one of the most renowned fighters on the island but he just didn't..fight?

It was hard to explain entirely, but he spared everyone he fought, even if that meant that person becoming a slave. He never spilt blood, not once, even if an enemy was trying their best to kill him.

He was also well known by their "enemies", he was known as a saviour and a fair prince, said to bring peace when he finally took the throne and came of age. Which was supposed to be soon, if his father didn't interfere too much.

Hiccup was also quite the girl magnet, and in some cases guy magnet. It didn't matter what he was doing, everyone seemed to want to get him to themselves just to brag they had spoken to, kissed, or even slept with the prince of the clan.

He was proud to say he'd never even been seen with anyone in a romantic sense.

He had brown hair, quite grown out and shaggy, with bright amber eyes. He was quite tall, not as tall as his father to any extent, but a bit over the average of the clan and his muscles were pronounced from the training, right from when we had been five and up he'd been with Gobber, practicing tactics and ways to win fights.

He ran down stairs, out of his house and down the road toward the training grounds. He moved his helmet onto his head as he ran, dodging around people.

Hiccup also happened to be betrothed to a woman called Astrid, but both had come to terms that it would never work, since they were both entirely gay, and decided to just marry platonically when they eventually did.

Hiccup made it to the training grounds and went up to Gobber, who was already helping train some young clan members. The two limbed man had seen many fights, hence the two prosthetic limbs, an arm and a leg. Gobber turned at the touch on his shoulder and smiled when he saw Hiccup there.

"Ah! There you are then, a bit late by about...two hours I'd say?" He raised an eyebrow and smiled fondly.

"Yea sorry, got distracted again," Hiccup smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"That's alright lad, I'd expect you to be busy with things at your age. Going to be crowned soon, and probably married," he knew that Hiccup and Astrid were by no means in love, as Astrid was seeing one of the other girls in the village - Heather - and Hiccup had been with a couple of guys as discreetly as possible, but they were still betrothed.