Chapter One: New Beginnings

[NOTE: THE STORY BEGINS AFTER THE EVENTS OF CODA ONWARDS, EVERYTHING IS THE SAME WITH THE EXCEPTION THAT BETH GREENE IS CONFIRMED TO BE ALIVE AND THE ONLY REMAINING MEMBERS OF TEAM FAMILY ARE RICK, MICHONNE, MAGGIE, GLENN, JUDITH, SASHA, ROSITA AND CAROL.]

"Welcome to Alexandria Safe Zone" The tall, broad-shouldered black man smiled at the group, offering to shake each person's hand individually. "I'm JM, and this is my boss, Jeanette." He added before gesturing towards a mildly attractive middle aged woman with hair that rested at her shoulders.

"Nice to meet y'all" She greeted in a thick southern accent. "Can I get y'all a drink of anything? I just made up a fresh pitcher of ice tea this mornin' if y'all would be interested?"

Rick stood and stared in amazement, already shocked by how surreal it was beyond the gate they just passed through. Outside was a burned out, post apocalyptic world that was still roaming with the undead, but in here, in the Safe Zone it was like nothing had happened, like the apocalypse hit everywhere but this little piece of America, a diamond in the rough. "Ice tea would be great" Rick answered, forcing his jaw to stop gaping open.

"This place is phenomenal!" Rosita beamed, turning full circle on the spot to fully take in her new surroundings. "Fuck me, it's perfect. We could actually live here." She beamed before taking baby Judith out of Maggie's arms and into her own. "What do you say, huh? Do you like it here? I bet you do!" Rosita asked Judith playfully, bouncing her up and down on her hip.

"Has this been here since the start?" Maggie asked, clasping Glenn's hand in her own and squeezing it.

"Yeah, it has" JM replied, "At first it was just a couple houses, but as we gained more people we managed to reclaim and restore more and more houses until eventually we put a fence up and made this community." Ge explained before gesturing for his wife to fetch the ice tea for Rick and the others.

***FLASHFORWARD 2 HOURS***

"So you're telling me that the three of us get this whole house to ourselves?" Rick asks completely baffled at the idea of having his own home in the middle of the zombie apocalypse. 

"Yes sir" JM responds, handing him the key to the two storey town house next door to the one being offered to Maggie and Glenn. "It's all yours"

"With no catch?" Michonne questions, butting into the question.

"Yes Ma'am, no strings attached" JM smiled, patting her on the shoulder and gesturing for her towards the front door of the new house she would be sharing with Rick and Judith.

---

"Can you believe this?" Maggie beamed, taking Glenn by the shoulders and shaking him. "A whole house, all to us! We can actually live a normal life!" 

"It's... It's phenomenal!" He laughed out of amazement. "Who'd have thought?"

"Alright, so all we ask is that you keep the place tidy, and leave any dirty washing on your porch every Wednesday so that it can be cleaned and pressed by Friday for you." Jeanette smiled before unlocking the front door and gently pushing it open so that the couple could step inside. "This used to be the Mayor's house, but he died a couple months back. We think it was liver failure."