Chapter 1: Liah

Liah is a very beautiful young woman of twenty years. Tall, with dirt blonde hair, and a figure that most young women wished they had. She does what she can to stay busy and stay away from her parent's house as much as possible. Sometimes even living in her car.

   She pushed through the bullying at school and lived through the abuse at home. She worked hard at school, realizing that no matter what she did or didn't do, they would always find something to bully her about. She found part-time jobs wherever she could, trying to make herself a little money so she could move out on her own.

   Then on a Saturday morning things changed for Liah. Her father came in drunk, as usual. Liah was standing by the kitchen sink, her mother laying on the living room couch. All the guests from her mom's party the night before had left. Her parents yelled and swore at each other, like they had many times before. Her father broke off his relationship to her mom. Then he turned to Liah, and for the first time in her life, he spoke to her. Hateful words blasted out of his mouth. He then stormed out of the house, yanking Liah's car keys from the counter as he passed by.

   Liah's mouth dropped open, then she closed it. Her feet felt frozen to the floor. Her eyes closed, her face turned pale, her hands reached out to hold on to something but instead she lay crumpled on the kitchen floor, barely breathing.