Lesson Forgotten

Disclaimer! I do not own the Vampire Diaries, the Originals, the cover picture, the chapter picture(s) or anything of the sort! This is for entertainment purposes with no money or gain involved!

March 8, 2010

"Hi Tyler." I greeted when he leaned into the living room.

"Hey Amelia" his distracted eyes scanned the room.

"Are you looking for Jeremy? I can help you look." I set the blue feather back into the box of fake colored party feathers.

"I'm actually looking for Mason, but I haven't seen Jeremy in a bit either. I'm pretty sure he left."

"That's fine. I can help you look for Mason." I eagerly volunteered.

       Tyler glanced from my pleading eyes, to the stack of boxes of party supplies I was sorting, to the table across the room where his mother was attending to party business along with my own. "Ask your mom first."

Yes! I mentally cheered as I ran up to the delegation table. "Mom, can I go with Tyler?"

My mother paused her conversation, flicking her green eyed gaze towards Tyler. "I don't know sweetie."

"Please? We'll be with Jeremy and Mason soon too." I offered.

"Alright," Mom tucked a 'honey" colored strand behind my ear, "but you need to either be home by 8 or let me know where I can come pick you up using Tyler's phone."

"Ok." I easily agreed while I hurried off before I could be given another party preparation task.

"So when is your curfew today squirt?" Tyler asked as we exited the room.

Rolling my eyes but not protesting the nickname, I informed him, "I have to be home by 8, or you need to text her where to pick me up."

"When is your Mom going to finally get you a phone?" Tyler led us outside.

"Next year, on my 15th birthday, I think. Where are we going?" I questioned as I slid into the passenger seat of his car.

"I'm taking you to Jeremy, and then Mason and I are going to have some guy time."

I shrugged, worked for me. "I still think it's funny that Mom still trusts recently druggy Jeremy more than you." I grinned

"Do you want me to leave you to party plan?" Tyler joked as he presumably sent Jeremy a text asking where he was.

I just smiled and buckled my seat belt.

Ding. Tyler read the message before pocketing his cellphone. "He's at the Salvatore House." Tyler started up the car and switched gears. "What was so special about that vase anyway?"

"Maybe it was expensive?" I shrugged. "So how's spending time with Mason?"

It was Tyler's turn to shrug. "It's actually been pretty good, of course, Uncle Mason's much better than your reporter uncle."

I laughed, "Yes, Mom's only brother, infamous and all but disowned by her."

     Tyler reached out with his right arm to ruffle my hair as the car rolled to a stop. Having anticipated the move, I had already unbuckled and was ready to dodge. Slamming the car door behind me, I waved as Tyler took off.

      I was about to knock on the door, but it was already open. I hesitated, the Salvatore House was pretty much a communal hang out space at this point anyway, and I didn't want to interrupt a kissing Elena and Stefan. Crossing the threshold, I headed towards where Jeremy's voice was originating from. As I got closer, I could hear some arguing. Grunts/screams of pain. I froze. I didn't have a phone to call the police, but I couldn't just leave someone in pain, especially since I knew at least Jeremy was there. Perhaps just a peak, and then I could decide whether I should run for help or not.