Prologue

Draco was watching his mother cook, he tried to make some meringues but was disappointed when they didn't came exactly like the cook book picture. She was starting to live, now that she was free of her husband. After the Malfoy trials, as the press calls it, Draco and Narcissa were declared "innocent " but Lucius was sent straight to Azkaban. Harry Potter shocked most people when he came to the trials to help Draco and Narcissa's case, stating that they both saved his life, helping him kill Voldemort. And it was true, Draco didn't identify him when he was in the manor, and Narcissa lied to Voldemort saying he was dead. 

His mother was smiling, she did more things, even Muggle things. It was liberating to see her this happy, most days was spent cooking, she was reading some book about romance in the sun porch that made her giggle and even started to sell some of the stuff that her husband had. Draco was happy too, he wasn't seen as a real Death Eater, even tho he had to took the mark, he was ashamed of that, and he voiced that to his mother and in the trials. The only this that made his summer different that the others, except that it's wasn't war against the evil wizards anymore , but it was that he was a werewolf. He hide it to everyone, even his mother. He got bitten during a trip in the wood and fell unconscious almost right after. To his surprise he wasn't dead eaten by a wolf, but he was just felling different, cover in bruises and cut.

His ears were more powerful, he could hear far better and his nose started to pick up new flavors and odors as the summer grows. He noticed that his mother was wearing some perfumes that smelled like lavender, he always thought it was just the smell of the flowers in the room. Every-time he pass next to someone, he picked up their body odor, he could have described them in full details. Flowers smelled like heaven.

Reading in his bedroom, the window fully open, he was happy. The light breeze that flew around him made the hot summer colder, it was refreshing. The night was starting and he had trouble getting to the end of his book page, his view was blurry and his mouth sticky. A strong headache was approaching and he had to put the book down and go by the window, feeling like he was about the throw up.

To his surprise, he notice the moon, the sky was empty except from the big shinny moon. It was a full moon, it will start and he already begging to hyperventilate.

Draco felt rough, he felt bad, his muscle was aching and his head was dizzy. He had difficulty swallowing his saliva as he began to transform.

His legs and arms started to extend, stretching his sore muscle as he let a cry of pain, it's was the only sound in the Malfoy Manor, he cried. Long and sharp claws replaced his fingernail, making his hands hurt like hell, he wanted to hold his face in place feeling it was starting to fell apart. Draco approached his paws but put them on the walls, scared he will hurt his face. His jaws grew big and strong as his nose pierced his pale face, shaping his face as a wolf head. Pale almost white fur spread on his skin, covering every itch of it. Everything hurt until the end, he felt strong, he felt powerful and like he was a god.

Letting a howling scream as he flee into the night, running as fast as he could, going straight to the forest near his house. He felt good as a wolf, the first time he felt that. The wind made the experience even more magical then ever. 

Harry was looking at an album filled with photos of his family, lost friend and lovers. He saw his father kissing his mother lovely, he saw Sirius Black reading in a dimly lit room, he saw his aunt and uncle that made his live a suffering hell, he saw the Golden Trio as they call them, he saw Ginny, and he saw Cedric before the accident.

Some pictures let tears falls as he sink into memories, it was strange to wish that he was never born. If he was there, his parent wouldn't have died, he wouldn't have lived with the Dursley, Cedric would have died, but Voldemort would have still been around, he would still terrorized wizards and create chaos. In a way, he was happy he was alive, he help freed the world of this evil man. Yes help, because he was just one of the Horcruxes, he had to be destroyed. The people of Hogwarts was the heroes in his eyes. It's probably the thoughts of a hero, as he reject the wizards point of view of the battle.

His summer was long and different, he needed some time alone to reflect in his live and on his desire to stay in the wizard world, he lived too much in almost a decade. So many deaths and so many friend, so many deadly activities and so many joyful moments. He stayed at his place at the Grimmauld Place. It needed some word to do, he started to repaint the hall, putting a cold white, to brighten the place a little. Took down some of the painting, dusted all the room, replace some furniture that were too old and change some of the light. It's started to feel like home to him, and that's what matter right ?

He had come to the Burrow to see the Weasley and Hermione, they had kind of begged to see Harry for a week. They all spent a great day and night, the day they sunbathe, Ron got a sunburn all over his torso and half his face, they all went picnicking and during the night, after diner, they told some spooky stories around a bonfire while roasting some marshmallows. When he came home the next day he felt good, very good. He smiles for the rest of the month.

After a month of reflection, he agreed on returning to Hogwarts, just to finish his education, and to see some old faces that he missed a bit.