The Gilded Knight

Armula was looking at the gilded knight riding atop his gilded horse. They were slowly making their way up the hill to where her house sat, perched comfortably between two white birch trees. Her father, Alsam, was leaning on the tree to the right, his shirt wet with sweat and his many ringed fingers slack.

"Who is it?" he beckoned to her.
"A gilded knight, father." she replied, tilting her head to peer curiously at the massive horse.
"They're all bloody gilded nowadays, be more specific."

Armula was not sure how to be specific with this particular knight, as he was wearing livery that she could not recognize- purple and blue. The knights she has seen had only worn green and yellow, and by far less intricate armor and cape.

"Hmmm..." she began. "Well, he looks rather dashing in purple and blue. That cape as well, I have never seen one so large and impractical."
"Did you say purple and blue?" came the unusually surprised query of her father.
"Yes, purple and blue. And the large cape."
"Curse the cape! That man is the prince!"

Her father was walking quite quickly to meet the surprise prince on the path. Armula, being surprised herself, followed numbly after her father.

"Um, father?"
"Hush! I will handle this."

Alsam waved to the prince who was now only four yards away.  The prince acknowledged him with a wave of his own.

"Ho, the man in wet rags!" the prince hollered.

Armula had noted the deep loud bass of the prince's voice, she felt an odd affinity for him, like the warmth and decisiveness of his tone gravitated people towards him through sheer personality. It was the voice of a leader.

"You purple arsehole, what are you doing here!" shouted her father in a tone not befitting of one who is addressing their prince.

"Fathe-"
"You selfish, egotistic, psychopath, you'll get us all killed!"

Armula was very distressed by her father's behaviour and was actively trying to get him to stop, clinging now to Alsams arms trying to pull him back from lunging at the prince.

"Father what are you doing!" she whispered desperately to no avail, he was
still staring daggers at the prince.

"Why, this must be the rudest bunch of peasants I have ever encountered on my journey!" piped the prince

"I am very sorry, my prince" pleaded Armula. "My father has hit himself on the head it seems, please forgive him."

The price had a cartoonishly exaggerated frown on his lips.

"No! No! No! This will not do!" the prince replied, punctuating every no with a slap on his armored thigh. "This calls for an execution... yes, an execution!"

"Conno-" Armula slapped a hand over her father's mouth

"Please, my prince I beg you spare my father's life, I- I will make sure he learns his lesson, so- so please do not execute him!" Armula pleaded desperately. Her head was spinning, it was all happening way too fast.

Alsam broke free of her hands and gripped them so she could not move them.

"Connor, you prick!"