prologue

Grey skies had always been your least favorite. The gloomy dimness of the earth's grey shield never failed to make your eyes want to flutter closed. What didn't help was the soft-yellow lights, dimmed to give a warm aura around the bakery in which you worked. Your hand rested against your cheek, eyes staring over the countertop and into the streets that was being dotted with raindrops.   

After moments of staring, your hand raised to rub a palm against your eye, focusing your hardest to stay awake despite it being so dark outside, and the inside being vacant of customers. Why did you send your coworker home? Why didn't you ask them to stay longer to keep you company? A deep sigh escaped from your lips, eyes traveling down to glance at the counter in which you stood behind. The cakes stared back, all cleanly decorated by your own hand. Perfect pink, a blueberry blue...   

A ding of the door's entrance pulled you from your thoughts of wanting to go home and trying to escape the cakes that chased you even in your dreams, and you lifted your body up straight to face the door.   

Your head tilted at the appearance of a blond, yellow head of hair. It seemed he was too focused in capturing the appearance of the bakery, his orange-ish eyes glancing up and around the interior. As he was taking in the brick walls and dark marble tables, your eyes trailed over his figure.   

A taller boy, with blonde hair and dark clothing. A strip of black had zig-zagged through his locks, only on one side. Eyes were hidden by a pair of blue aviator sun-glasses - for reasons you couldn't explain (wasn't the sun tucked away by the dark clouds?). Dark jeans hugged the stranger's legs, and a white t-shirt hid underneath a black jacket.   
Your attention was pulled away when your eyes traveled back to his face, and you noticed his orange globes staring straight back into yours.   
Embarrassment washed over your features, your cheeks singing a soft pink hue.   

❝Er— Welcome. Can I help you today?❞   
Your voice was louder than you wished it to be, still stunned that he had caught your staring.   
Watching as his lips curled into a soft smile, your eyes blinked. He had removed those blue aviators, revealing his entire face to meet yours. The blonde male strolled forward, shrugging his shoulders as he approached the decorated counter.   

❝Hey there,❞ he hummed out, eyes skimming your features for a slight second before he glanced down. He had never seen cakes this fancy before - Kaminari had always ordered cakes from simple supermarkets, nothing more than whipped icing on a moist - but usually dry - cake.   
Here he's looking at triple chocolate cakes with more shaved chocolate coating the top, strawberry cakes with the fruit decorating the side of the frosting, marble cake that looked as if it would take far too long to perfect for someone who'd be eating it after marveling at it for a simple 30 seconds.   
You watched, noticing how his eyes squinted slightly as he examined her work.   

❝You're making me feel self-conscious,❞ you half-joke, a smile forcing it's way onto your lips, ❝Did I do that bad of a job on them?❞ It was barely a sincere question. You were quite confident in your cake-decorating skills.   

That confidence wavered a bit when you noticed his eyes flicker back up to you, wide and shimmering.   
❝No way, you made these cakes?❞   
You gave a shy nod, stepping away from the counter anxiously.   
❝That's insane. Look at that one!❞ His finger pointed to the marble cake. It was almost as if you hadn't made the cakes, and he was pointing out something really cool to a friend.   
You giggled, before hearing him clear his throat.   
❝Uh. . . A-Anyway, I'll take the marble one.❞ He said with a smile, folding his arms on top of the countertop and leaning forward. He watched you for a moment, before gesturing down to the one he had just picked, the soft smile not leaving his face.   

You gave a nod, slipping on some latex gloves before sliding open the class countertop case, grabbing the plastic plate seated nicely beneath the cake and carefully lifting the cake out.   
The blond watched, head tilting and shifting every which way in hopes that yo don't fumble with the most beautiful cake he's ever seen.   
Once out, you carefully slid it into a box and removed the gloves from your hands, then grabbing the closest sharpie and leaning down by the box of the cake.   

❝Can I get a name?❞ You asked, granting him a small smile.   

❝Big Poppa.❞ He deadpanned. You both just stared at each other for a slight minute, and his face never twitched. Did he... seriously want that on the box?   
Feeling the awkward tension in the air, your hard moved to begin writing before he interrupted you.   

❝Kaminari!❞ He spoke quickly, hand reaching out in an attempt you from writing his awful joke on the box.   
❝Uh— Denki.. Kaminari..❞   

You felt a sweatdrop on the back of your head as you let out an awkward laugh, eyes widening once you looked back towards the box.   
'Oh my god..'   

Once finished, your hands carefully lifted the box and set it in place in front of him. After collecting his payment, at which he never batted an eye, you pushed the box politely in front of him once more in case, for some reason, he would attempt to take leave without it.   
❝Please enjoy! Have fun at your party.❞ You called out to him as he began to exit the door.   

Half way out, Denki turned to face you and with a wink, he said - ❝What party?❞ and left without another word.