𝑀'𝐿𝒶𝒹𝓎

A normal morning in Paris, students of Collège Françoise Dupont sit down in their seats. Marinette Dupain-Chang sits behind her crush, Adrien Agreste. She stares at him, her mouth dropping for a moment before her best friend Alya closes it for her.

"Girl, I thought you didn't like him anymore," Ayla said, giggling slightly. Marinette let out a few stammers before Alya cut her off, "I get it. You're still craaaaazy about him." 

"I am not!" Marinette shouts, standing up. Everyone in the classroom looks at her and Miss Bustier smiles softly.

"Miss Dupain-Cheng, you can continue your conversation after my class.".

"Y-yes Miss  Bustier!" Marinette blushes and sits down, and whispers to Alya, "We are not through with this."

"Yeah, girl. I know." The Creole girl smirks and went back to focusing on taking notes.

☽  ☾

The school let out for lunch. As Marinette and Alya walked out, Marinette started to ramble to Alya about how she is over Adrien, but that doesn't mean she can't use him as a drawing reference or insight into fashion, or something like that. Marinette speaks so quickly when she's talking about the blonde boy that almost no one can understand her.

"I may have an entire sheet in my notebook of drawings of him, but I do not like him like that!"

"Wait, what? Never mind, Mari, I gotta go. Nino and I are going to get something together and sit in the park. You go think about your loverboy some more, okay?" Ayla laughed softly, walking away.

"He's not my loverbo-" Marinette started to yell back, but before she could finish, she felt a tug on her purse. No one was near her, so she opened it.

"Marinette, you need to go home and eat so you'll be able to fight if there's an Akuma victim!" The small creature, Tikki, said.

"Oh, you're right Tikki! And I have to check on the kwamis back at home, let's go!" Marinette ran, almost tripping.

Marinette arrived at the bakery, "Hi Papa, hi Mom!" She waved at her parents, brushing against the line to get to the back. She kissed the cheeks of her parents.

"I made you a sandwich Marinette, it's on the countertop."

"Thank you! Can I eat in my room?"

"What? N-"

"Thank you!" Marinette rushed upstairs and grabbed the plate. She stepped up the ladder carefully and opened the trapdoor entrance. She quickly took a bite of the sandwich and looked around. "Where are th- OOH!" She was interrupted by a knock on her window, making her fall back slightly, but she caught herself. Looking at the window, she saw an upside-down familiar face; Chat Noir.

"Oh no..." She groaned slightly. Marinette placed her sandwich on her desk and opened the door to her above her bed.

"Hi there, purr-incess!" The blond superhero smirked softly, taking a bite of a muffin.

"Hello to you, too, Chat. Is... is that from downstairs?" Marinette looked at the boy, a suspicious glare.

"Yeah, don't worry, I paid for it. I don't like free handouts." The cat winked, smirking again before taking his last bite of the muffin.

"Okay, kitty, I have the work on some things for school, and I can't have any distractions." The girl walked down her loft stairs and turned around quickly to find the superhero was following her. "I said-!"

"I know, I just don't... I don't wanna go home." The cat ears of the leather-ish suit twitch slightly, "Or on patrol. M'Lady never comes on patrol with me anymore."

The words hit Marinette like a dart. M'Lady. She shook off the feeling and frowned slightly. "Oh, kitty. I'm sorry." She walked back up to him and placed her hand on his shoulder. 

"It's not your fault Mari-... Marinette." He smiled brightly. "Anyways, your homework? I can help you with it. Cats are very smart. Did you know I'm a Purr-fessor?" He awaited the girl's reaction.

Marinette gave a soft smile back, "Haha. Funny." She turned away and began walking down the steps again. She sat and her desk and bit into her sandwich. Chat Noir leaned against her desk, watching his friend.

☽   ☾

Adrien looked down at his friend, under the mask of his Superhero Persona, Chat Noir. He felt natural in this costume, and he likes talking to Marinette without her stuttering. Yes, he notices. But he completely understands it. He sniffed the air. "Spinach?!" He yelped slightly.

"Yeah, what's wrong with that? Ham, cheese, and spinach. Of course, there's also mayonnaise, but that's a given." The girl looked at him confused.

"I've never met anyone besides my father that puts spinach on their sandwiches."

"Well, now you have."

Chat Noir smiled, "I'm glad I got to know something more about you. Anyways, that schoolwork of yours? You need some super help?"

Marinette stared at him, "What's your grade in Science?"

"A-."

"No way! There is no way you have an A anything in school." The girl giggled and then looked at the boy again, "Oh, you're like... serious."

"Yep. I just play stupid so that I don't outshine Ladybug." He laughs softly.

"Yeah, right." Marinette smiled and took her tablet out. "Anyways, I have a test when I get back to school. If mister A- want's, he can help me study." 

Adrien smiled through the mask, looking down at his friend, "Of course."

About thirty minutes pass and then they depart. Chat Noir leaps off the balcony as Marinette watches. She watches him hop from roof to roof until she can't see him anymore.

Both of them feel a little bit closer to each other.