Talk.

It's quiet. Mesmerizing peace with zero disturbance.
It's late afternoon. Work is still being done in the office.
Vehicles are going destinations with time chasing them.
It appears the windows are blaring with the strong wind.
Clouds shifting and blocking the Sun's rays upon it.

The room is like a classroom. Teacher's podium in the front with tables and chairs by the walls leaving the middle empty like a road. The windows are on either side of the walls.

A person entered. Figure tall and massive in size. Black suit with red tie. His left hand grasp a clipboard with papers.  Smirking he was to see his pupils are still withstanding order.

"I'm Jürgen, superintendent of this place. I know all of you. Spare me the introductions. On behalf of the people's voice, I am glad you accepted my request."

There were eight other people in the room. Some dressed in suits while others in comfortable clothing. Waiting for this specific person to arrive. All motives are the same just not the way they approach things.

"Murder at a mansion in the mountains. Victim's name is John Liebe. Age fifty-four. Pharmacist. Six kids and a wife. Suspects are.. the family itself. More details are given later through me only.
I'm sure you know why."

The air feels thin. Everyone is unease. One of them decided to speak up.

"Pole here. Yer-gen.. or however to say your name. Some of us came here to check things out you know? Like the calm before the storm type. After hearing what you just said.. It might not be possible to do what you want us to do. So, could I leave right now?"

Breaking the silence that person did. Multiple choices were awarded whether to accept or deny such requests.

"You may leave. Although, you guys are the top detectives in the world right? I'm not responsible if there were some nasty rumors." replied Jürgen.

Grim faces were seen about it's comment. Insinuating bad omen it was.

"Concern not about it. Other than that, there is still another request. Missing teenager, female, sixteen. Last seen was at Terrace Street. Presumably kidnapping."

Murmurs spread around the room. Words bounced off the ceiling and floor reaching ears to the one standing. Eventually some reached a conclusion.

"Nice to see familiar faces around here. I'm Hans. I won't be taking the priority rather it'll be the triviality. If anyone else is willing to lend a hand, I'd be down for it. Speed things up for me." spoke Hans.

Agreement was aligned between the detectives.

"Ether. I'll work with Hans."

"I'm Jay. Sharing work is not my forte but why not. I'm also helping Hans."

Three will stay. One will leave. Four unknown.

"Why is everyone self introducing themselves? We all know each other except for this.. yogurt dude over here. Blegh. I'm Forn. Anyways, what's the hot topic of the first request? Mind sharing just a tad bit more info?" said Forn in a carefree manner.

Forn needed something more to make his decision.

"I can't share anymore than this. Private and exclusive information are to be withheld." replied Jürgen.

Tch. Snicker heard in the dense still room. The eight detectives now know it wasn't just any normal job. Payment or fame would mean nothing to them. It is the lies and harsh truth they must face in the devils form of a human look-a-like.

"Kishu here. It's awkward being third last to say something but I'll pass up both of these requests. Not my type."

"Sen. Same."

Leaving the last detective whether to pursue living under a rock or pursue unforeseen realities.

"Ash. I'll take it."

Bewildered they all were. They all knew sanity is the greatest importance for inhumane thoughts and truths. What can be uncovered under those expressionless faces are disgusting. It is a pity someone had to do it. It was also a pity that it was Ash.

"Drinks on me next time, Ash." said Forn.

"Well then. Ash, meet me in my office right after this. Hans, Ether and Jay too. Before all eight of you leave this room. There is something I wanna say. In under any circumstances, the request I just provided you shall never be leaked out. It has been approved by the government with law and protocols intact and will consider any mishaps as getting the silent treatment. It was a disappointment when I receive this warning as well. I believe there is more than it meets the eye for this case. Farewell."