𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

Lorenzo's P.O.V

Alessio hesitates before answering me.

I give him an expectant look, "Well uh it's about her family.."

I nod signaling him to continue.

"You see I was sitting next to Damon in the car and we we're all just laughing and having fun all except for him, he was just on his phone. So I looked over his shoulder and saw he was looking at some pictures and news reports.."

I straighten up a bit, intrigued by what my brother was saying.

"In all of them there was this girl in the picture, sometimes Angel and Damon would be in it but all of them had the girl in it."

"Then he came across this one news article and the headliner said 'Santiago twins and younger sister attempt suicide, one found dead' or something like that but I'm not sure if that's what it said exactly because right before I could get a good look at it Damon turned off his phone." Alessio says all in one breath.

I sit back in my seat taking in everything he just said.

"Why should I care." I say bluntly, ignoring the fact that I truly was interested.

"Because, fratello, all of this information isn't on either one of their records."

We sit in silence for a moment, "Leave me." I say not bothering to look at my, clearly distressed, brother.

He huffs dramatically, but still leaves.

I stand up and walk over to the mini bar in my office. I open the glass bottle of whiskey I have stored there and pour some into a glass. I place the top back on and set the glass back where it was.

I take a long sip of my drink, letting everything Alessio said sink in.

Angel's P.O.V

I wake up and stretch languidly, letting the sunlight streaming in from the window engulf me.

I let out a small sigh of content, someone knocks on my door.

"Come in" I say still bathing in the sunlight.

Lorenzo walks into my room but stops himself short, he looks at me with an unreadable expression and I furrow my brows in confusion.

"Mr. Romano..?" I say.

He snaps out of whatever trance he was in, "Uhm- breakfast is ready.." he says a bit awkwardly.

"Oh, okay. I'll be down in a second." 

He gives me a stiff nod, turns, and walks out the door.

I pad over to the small walk in closet I have and pick out my outfit for the day.

I take out a simple white button up shirt, and put it on, because of it being slightly too big for me I decide to roll up the sleeves to the crevice of my forearm.

I pull out some light blue washed jeans and pull those on, loosely tucking in the shirt but leaving a few top buttons unbuttoned. I grab a simple black belt and wrap that around my jean clad waist.

To accessories I put on a simple gold necklace that has a gold circle dangling off of it. I put on a couple of rings and decide to put my hair into a loose slightly messy low bun.

Satisfied with how I look, I walk down stairs.

I say a good morning to a very tired Kat, and in return I hear a muffled good morning back. I ruffle up Damon's hair as I walk past him, he flips me off and I smirk.