Short story

Behind her smile is a hurting heart.

Behind her laugh, She's falling apart.

Look closely at her and you will see.

The person isn't she.

Danica want somebody who will never stop choosing her.

All she want is happy life.

Until James came and change her life.
********

Happy birthday to you~ happy birthday to you~ happy birthday,happy birthday, happy birthday to you~ "blow your candle sweetie!" 

She' happy. Her smile can't be replaced by anything. She's so pure and innocent.

Her smiled, guess what? That happiness from the kid earlier was gone. After her 8th birthday, she never experienced the good things in life.
That's when I started to become miserable.

It was same date as my birthday when my favorite pet died. Just an animal but it feels like i have lost a best friend. I accepted it and moved on. Maybe that was His way for me to prepare to become stronger in any situation.

Two years after my pet died, same date as my birthday, my grandfather left us. Everyone was preparing for my birthday and suddenly they are now preparing for my grandfather's funeral. Three years after, i was turning 15, i still remember how i celebrate my birthday last year. My birthday became black and white to me. No other color, just black and white.

On my 18th birthday, dad decided to give me a grand party.
"Danica on your birthday, You can invite to your classmates"
... "but dad I don't what to celebrate my birthday with my batch mates!" Dad stare at me..
"Sweetie".... "Dad i want a simple birthday party a family dinner rather" ....

I declined it but he insisted. Thing that i shouldn't let to happened because that day, he decided to leave me just like what happened during my birthdays.

Why does it have to happened during my birthday? Am i being cursed? Did i do wrong in my past life.

Does everyone have to leave me during my birthday?

I wiped the tears in my eyes as it started to pour down my face. Today is the funeral of my mother and my sister. On their way here to attend the first death anniversary of my father, their vehicle drop off the cliff and it takes time to find their bodies.

How can I still celebrate my birthday when the reason why I celebrate it was already gone. How can i survive in this world when everyone left me. My life became pointless.

I have to come to the point that i dont want to be with anyone. Scared that I might also lose them after my birthday.

"I live my life alone now, does it satisfy You?”

"Does it makes You happy knowing that I'm all alone here and the rest of my family was with you huh?!"

"on my next birthday, i would You mind if you take me too!"

I was screaming at the top of my lungs on the edge of the cliff we always go for piknik.

Of i jump here, would I be able to see them in my next life? Would it take all the pain in my heart?

I stretched my arms and was ready to—
what the hell! Someone grab my hand and pulled me causing me to lose my balance.

"Are you nuts? Or pervert? Which one?”

That was my first encounter with him. Why he pulled me? It's because he thought I would jump to attempt suicide. Thing I would have done if he wasn't there. But I regret it and I was thankful he was there.

I was afraid to get closer to anyone but when he was around i feel safe and he wouldn't leave me alone thinking i would attempt to kill myself again.

We're seeing each other for almost a year now. My birthday makes me anxious. What if..he...leaves me too? A lot of what if's crept on my mind.

"When did you start hating your birthday again?”

I rolled my eyes to hide my smile. This idiot is making me crazy.

My birthday passed but he remains. He never leave me. He's always there for me on my birthdays.

"How about, when did you start loving your birthdays?”

"Of course, the day when you pulled me off." I said and laugh my ass out.

Forgot to tell you, i meet him the exact day of my birthday.

_End.

-Eden Blanco<3