1

Myself Aabha. Okay, I understand that you guys don't know the meaning behind my name. It's fine. People ask me every time I tell them my name "Is there any special meaning behind it ?". Yes. It just means 'glow'. My mama and papa thought I was glowing when I was born and searched for a name and yeah, that's how I got my name.

I just graduated from my school. Facing board exams is just painful. We won't study till December and after that, we just start running behind teachers for projects, assignments, practicals. Ugh! Let's just say it's a nightmare. And yeah I was in a CBSE school, so don't you dare ask me anything regarding my 11th grade. We didn't study at all. It was our honeymoon period after the 10th board exams. So we enjoyed the maximum and teachers of course focused more on our seniors. So it's totally not our fault!

Everything was going pretty well, I have joined one of the famous coaching institutes in India for my NEET preparations and the classes are yet to begin. One more month and then I am gonna mentally devote myself to work hard and be a doctor. Today we are gonna visit one of the famous astrologers in the city. Maa said that it took her days to finally have an appointment with him.  My instincts are telling me of danger. What can it be?

After waiting for about 3 hours in a long queue, we finally got called inside to meet the well-known astrologer. He looked at us, at me particularly. He chanted something in Sanskrit. Most of the mantras are in Sanskrit if I am not wrong. Okay, I guessed!

While Maa was busy praying and papa too, I closed my eyes and started thinking of the NEET preparation. I have watched students studying for 16-17 hours a day in order to get admission on youtube. It's sad that only 1% actually get admission in Government colleges or medical colleges, in general, I couldn't help but be anxious all of a sudden that I opened my eyes and looked around again.

" We have a problem in Aabha's Kundli. She won't get married if she doesn't within a month. So start the wedding preparations as soon as possible." He said in a calm voice. How can he be so calm?

" Maa? Papa?" I mumbled, my eyes widened at his words and the words are still ringing inside my ears. I know my Maa is from a traditional background and she is gonna blindly trust this man.

" Let's go! This man is saying blunder! " I yelled, glaring at the so-called astrologer.

" Aabha! Stop! Beg him for apology right now" my papa shouted at me. His eyes were red out of anger.

" Sorry" I mumbled out of fear.

" Baba, is there any auspicious date that you suggest for the wedding? And can you suggest some details for the groom matching Aabha's Kundli?". My papa was literally begging him.

" Yes! Yes! That family who came in before you. What was his name? Vivek. Vivek has a son and his Kundli is as if it's written for them. Can you wait after this? I will call them also." The baba again said calmly as if he was singing a bhajan. What's with this man? He is calm when my mind is literally having a breakdown.

Maa and Papa thanked him while I just bowed at him before heading towards the waiting room that his men led us. His guards are behaving as if he is the prime minister of India, checking us thoroughly.

" No! Don't you think it isn't the legal age for me to get married? You guys will get jailed." I muttered angrily, glaring at my mother who slapped my arms and asked me to stay quiet.

" You are gonna be 18 two days later. Didn't you hear what baba said? It's a true match!" She whispered.

Before I could speak anything more, my father interrupted us.

" Aabha, nothing more. Just do what I say. It will benefit you. Listen to your parents. Behave!".

I lowered my head. And thought " when has he ever spoken to me nicely? He was always this cold to me, always busy with the business thingy!

I scrolled through my phone, watching some Instagram reels and found it boring after a few minutes because it's hell repetitive! Same song, same moves, same talking! Bruh? It's too boring. I rolled my eyes. I sighed and pressed the power button, shutting my phone down.

The ashram that we visited is beautiful. Huge banyan trees with it's roots forming perfect swings, the cool breeze, and the sound of leaves dancing due to the wind brushing on them, the peakocks producing a 'pavo' sound, everything, simply astonishing.

I walked around the ashram hoping to get a stable internet connection to chat with my best friend. Right now all I need is to tell her about the stupid things happening in my life!

I watched a beautiful male peacock starting to unleash its beautiful feathers and moving around as if he is the most beautiful one in the world, he is! That's when I realised a drop of water hitting right at the bridge of my nose. I looked up to find large droplets of water ready to hit the ground.

" Aabha, run!" My mom yelled.

I ran as fast as I could and let's just say I was not that fast and I ain't an Ussain Bolt! I was completely drenched in water and " Aachoooo!" I'm gonna catch a cold tomorrow or worse a fever!

That's when one of Baba's men reached us and asked us to follow him. My mom glared at me eyeing me from top till my bottom. I looked away. I will hear all her taunting once we reach home.

The man opened the door to a room, more like a lounge.

" Mr.Chodhury, this is Mr Vivek. He is a businessmen and his son here has exactly the same problem with his Kundli. I found both of there Kundlis something made in heaven. It's better if you fix a date for the marriage." Baba said again in his deep calm voice. He is being just too calm! It's my life! And he is deciding it for me!

" Glad we met here. My daughter is really lucky to have her marriage arranged by Baba. I know your son is gonna be her perfect husband since Baba is the one who matched this." My dad spoke shaking his hand with the other.

" I agree! Let's get them married soon!" Mr. Vivek spoke giving me a heart attack.

Click!

The door opened revealing a handsome young man with a women in her mid-40s. His face looked grumpy and red, just like he fought. His mother patted his back trying to comfort him and maybe cool him down?

" Dhruv, this is me Choudhury and his family. They are gonna be your inlaws." Mr.Vivek spoke.

One I thought a few minutes back handsome isn't looking handsome anymore. He is looking at me with pure hatred. What have I done wrong?

This is just a new random story. It's not a fanfiction. But if you want, you can imagine the characters you like! It's always free to imagine 😹

This is Athvika here back after a very long time!

Vote goal: 25

Anyone missed me? How's my new story? I hope my writing skills improved!