The Day Everything Went Wrong

Ethan paced back and forth running a hand though his dark purple hair. He was panicking. Why was he panicking? Because, Last night there was a party, And He got a little drunk. Then being who Ethan is, he ended up making out with another drunk person. And who was said drunk person? It was none other than Hawkeye. Yup Clint Barton aka, One of the only Married Men, WITH CHILDREN at The Party. Ethan couldn't believe that he was so stupid.

Ethan had been avoiding Clint all day, staying in his room as much as possible. Even during training he refused to talk to him or even look in Clint's general direction. Ethan hoped that Clint hadn't noticed that he was attempting to ignore him. When what he really wished was that he didn't even remember any of it. But Ethan knew he definitely wasn't going to get off that easy. In fact his luck was about to run out.

Ethan was walking into the kitchen for a drink only to find Clint already there.

"Hey Ethan"

"Bye Clint"

Ethan goes to leave. Clint grabs his hand

"Ethan wait-" Ethan stops letting out a sigh as they turn to face Clint.

"Yes?" he questions, trying to sound casual but ultimately failing. Ethan's nerves started getting to him as he looked at Clint who was a good deal taller than him.

"You've been avoiding me" Clint points out as if it wasn't plainly obvious.

"Whaaat? Me? Avoiding you? noooo. I'd never do that" Ethan says very awkwardly. It was clear he was overselling it. "Ethan" Clint says giving him a look.

"Okay fine. Yes I've been avoiding you. Happy?" he says, pulling his hand away.

"No, I'm not happy. Why have you been avoiding me?"

"You of all people should know the reason." Clint looks down for a sec before looking up at him.

"It's because of last night isn't it?" Ethan just looks away, not having it in him to keep looking at the others blue eyes. He felt so guilty, he didn't want to be a homewrecker.

"Ethan look this doesn't have to be a big deal"

"Yeah, I know. We can just forget about it and move on. It was just a kiss." Ethan says sounding much colder than he meant too. Clint nods, trying not to seem hurt by his friend's tone. "Yeah. That's.. exactly what I was going to say" Except, It wasn't.

A few days later the Avengers were given a mission. A Hydra base had been discovered, and there were prisoners. The goal was to rescue them and stop whatever Hydra was doing at the base. And of course, since no one else knew about the incident. Clint and Ethan were paired up.

The two acted as professionally as possible through the briefing and getting to the mission. It wasn't until they were scouting out the territory in search of the base that there were problems.

"So, you seem to be in a good mood," Clint says, trying to start a conversation.

"Thanks" Ethan grumbles, not in the mood to talk as he leads the way. He had the hood on his uniform up hiding his face from view.

"oh C'mon. You've been like this for days, when are you going to talk to me again?" Clint asks.

Ethan shakes his head, continuing to walk. "When you stop looking at me like you can't stop thinking about what happened that night. I'm not an idiot Clint." Clint shakes his head "No, no you're not"

"I'm not gonna let this become a distraction or a problem for you or for me. So for now it's best to just avoid talking to one another." Ethan says not once looking at the other. Clint hesitates for a moment before giving in with a sigh "Whatever you say".