Chapter 27

TW- Violence, blood

TW- Violence, blood.
Xavier's POV

"So, what are you doing now?" I ask into the phone and hearing the ever so melodious voice from the other line. "Cleaning the blood off my shirt. What's up with you?" "Listening to you talk. My favourite activity." A chuckle sounded from the other side.

"Three years and you're still as cheesy as ever." I scoff playfully "Well, would you like me to stop mia regina?"
(My queen)

"No, not at all. Now coming back to what you are actually doing." I sit back down onto my desk. "Waiting for the youngest three with Kate. She wanted to visit the basement so I'm gonna be there to supervise just in case she doesn't go all assassin mode in there."

"Oh god! Why the fuck did I have to be in Italy? I want to meet her so bad." "Sophia you are coming home day after tomorrow, you are going to meet her soon enough. Right now I need you to focus on getting that son of a bitch talking, I want to know where that traitor gambled my money away." My voice turning sour towards the end.

"Oh don't worry darling, he'll talk soon no need to worry about him. But please tell me you are getting along with her." I lowered my head in embarrassment even thought she couldn't even see me. "I haven't gotten the time to be with her alone. But on the bright side she is bonding with the others and that includes Luca as well so that's a victory."

"Xavier Marino, are you seriously telling me that after the girl being with you for months you still haven't gotten some bonding time with her?" Her sarcasm extremely evident in her voice and as attractive that was, the woman still scared me shitless. "Yes." I replied in a sheepish voice.

"No, that is not at all acceptable, you are going to spend some time with your sister today and that is final." "What am I even supposed to do with her? I have literally no idea what teenage girls are into right now."

I heard Sophia sigh from the other side of the phone. "Oh, dear god help me, I'm in love with an idiot. Just go to dinner, you are great at selecting restaurants take her to one, talk to her yourself instead of assuming. Ask her what she likes instead of going of the Internet. Every person is different."

I agreed to that. It didn't seem that hard, I mean it's just a dinner... with the teenage sister who you haven't had an actual conversation with since she came back into your life after years of searching for her, and oh not to forget she is a fucking assassin who comes up right next to Sophia in the list of people that actually scare you. Yeah, no pressure.

Katherine's POV

By the time we reached the house I had gotten my head off of Ace. I was going to enjoy my day in the base, and not spend it thinking about some boy when I could clearly spend it torturing some petty criminal.

Getting out of the car we made our way inside, Xavier was already inside waiting for us. "Hey, so are you ready? Fair warning it is going to be pretty dark and bloody down there." A concerned look on his face as he warned about what I was going to face down there.