Science Partners? ~ Akaashi Keiji

A/N: Of course I'm doing Akaashi first, cause I love him so much, kisses for my pretty setter, hope y'all enjoy and feel free to leave requests down below <3

Warning: None!

~Fluff~

Playing with the hem of your sweater as the students bustle around you, talking loudly and joking with their friends. Sighing as you pull out your phone flicking through the apps until the teacher entered the classroom. "Alright! Everyone to their seats, we're going to start our projects today, as I mentioned yesterday." Hanaki-sensei informs the class, as everyone starts to look around. 

"I trust you all to work with someone that you work well with, remember friends sometimes don't make great partners!" As he finished that, the class filled with the chatter of students trying to find a partner. Glancing around, as you remember that you have no friends in this class. Everyone else already finding partners. 'Isn't that great, maybe I can ask Hanaki-sensei to work by myself.'. Pushing yourself up from the desk, starting to make your way to the teacher's desk, "L/n-san?" 

Jumping slightly at the sound of your name, you turn to the person that said it. Akaashi, he's more on the quiet side but was always nice to everyone regardless of who they were, though you couldn't say that his aura would stand out in a crowd. "Umm, yes Akaashi-san?" Your eyes cast down, unable to meet his steel grey ones, "I was wondering if you already had a partner, if not, would you like to be mine?" You could only muster a small nod before Hanaki-sensei gets everyone's attention again. 

"Settle down! I never said I was giving you class time to work on it." He calls out to the class, as everyone settles into their seats. You glance at Akaashi, as he gives you a small smile looking back at you. Eyes immediately shooting down at your desk, you try to ignore the loud beating in your chest. 'Heart please calm down...please!' 

The class dragged by, as you mindlessly took notes on whatever Hanaki-sensei was explaining. Stealing glancing at Akaashi, as you saw his hand move quickly across his notebook. 'I didn't know he was left-handed, that's actually kind of cute.' Giggling to yourself, the bell rings over you. Sliding your notebook and pencil case into your bag, a certain setter comes up to your desk. 

"L/n-san? Would you like to exchange numbers?" He holds out his phone to you, as you scramble to get yours out holding it up to him. Quickly typing in your number, as he does the same, "Thank you, I'll text you when I get out of volleyball practice, is that alright with you?" Nodding, you glance down at the desk nervousness bubbling up in you. Fixing his bag on his shoulder, Akaashi starts to walk away. "Akaashi-san?" Turning to you, he raises his eyebrows to push you to continue. "Would it be alright with you, I mean if I watched your practice? Then we could go over to my place afterwards and work on the project?" Playing with your fingers, Akaashi smiled down at you knowing that you couldn't see him doing so. "If you want to, then I'm sure that you're welcome to come to watch our practice." Nodding, you trail behind him as Akaashi leads you to the gym where the practice was being held. 

He held the gym door open for you, "Oh, thank you, Akaashi-san." You mumbled, a light blush dusting your face. "Hey hey hey! Akaashi, who's the cutie you got there?" Bokuto's loud voice echoed throughout the gym, as you flinch at it. "Bokuto-san please be quieter, you're making L/n-san uncomfortable." Akaashi put his hand on your shoulder, making you look up at him, "Sorry about him L/n-san, if you want you can just go sit over there, we should be done in a couple of hours." Before you could say anything, he ran off to get changed out of his uniform and into some more comfortable clothes. 

Sitting down on the metal bleachers, you rummage through your bag, pulling out a module to work on. The practice started as the boys start by stretching with serving and receiving drills for warm-ups. Trying to work didn't last long as your eyes would constantly drift off to the court, entranced by the practice, especially by a certain stoic setter. Eyes sparkling as you watch him set the ball, only for Bokuto to fall through the sky, spiking it down onto the other side. "Akaashi!! Did ya see that?! See how cool I looked?!" Bokuto was being loud as always, but your eyes were drawn to Akaashi. 

Akaashi could feel eyes on him turning to look at you, he gives you a small smile, chuckling as your cheeks turn bright red. Practice went on with you and Akaashi stealing glances at each other, of course, without the other one knowing. As everything wrapped up, you and him started out of the gym, staring up at the sky that had already darkened. "It looks so pretty out" Your gaze was locked on the sky, as the stars twinkled, as Akaashi couldn't help but admire you. "Yeah, it really is so pretty." 

A small breeze brushed past you two, as you walked down the streets to your house. "Oh, here this one is mine. I hope it's okay, my parents usually work late." Akaashi kept his gaze on you, as you fiddled with the keys trying to find the right one. "Ah" a little noise escaped your lips as the door clicked open. 

Kicking off your shoes, and heading upstairs, Akaashi follows your lead. You led him towards your room, opening the door and flicking on the lights. "If you wanna just get all set up, I'll be one second okay?" He nods as you drop your bag on your bed and head down to the kitchen. Akaashi took this time to look around your room, smiling to himself as he saw pictures of younger you and your brother 'How cute', along with a little tv set and a gaming console sitting underneath. "Sorry, I'm back!" Ripping Akaashi's attention away from the picture, he turns to smile at you as you hold a tray with some fruit and drinks on it. 

"Alrighty let's get to work!" Sitting down next to him, you pulled out your notes and started working away, as Akaashi followed suit. You two worked quietly, only breaking the silence to check in with each other and stealing glances without the other noticing. 'Akaashi really looks cute when he's all focused, ahh jeez what am I thinking?! I need to focus, on the work, not him.' After a couple of hours, you flop down on your bed, "Jeez, I'm tired from all this work, you want something to eat? It's getting late so you may as well stay for dinner." Glancing at the clock it read "7 pm". Akaashi smiled, "Sure, if you wouldn't mind that would be nice L/n." 

Lifting yourself up, you both make your way downstairs to the kitchen. Flicking on the lights, you rummage through the fridge, grabbing things to prepare dinner with. "Ah, here we go." Mumbling you switch the radio on that's sitting on the counter, as Akaashi leans against the doorway watching you. Music filled the air making you dance a little bit as you cut up vegetables, a small chuckle coming from the doorway. "Hmm? Whatcha laughing at Akaashi-san?" You turn your head to see him smiling at you, "Ah it's nothing just enjoying the view of you dancing around." A blush erupts on your face as you quickly turn to hide it. "Alright mister smooth talker, how about instead of standing around and looking pretty, you give me a hand?" Without saying anything, he came up behind you, whispering "As you wish" sending shivers down your back. Giving him a little playful hit on the shoulder, you direct him on what to do as you wander off to the pantry to grab some more ingredients. 

After dinner, Akaashi started packing up as you sent him off. "Thanks for tonight Akaashi, it was really fun and we got a good portion of that project done, thankfully." Giving a little laugh, you shiver at the breeze passing by. "Mhmm, thank you for having me L/n, I enjoyed it too," His steel-grey eyes locked with yours, as a small blush crept onto his cheeks, "I was wondering if you would join me at a cafe tomorrow? My practice is cancelled after school." His gaze dropped down, as you stare at him with wide eyes, your heart starting to beat a little faster. Giggling, you grab his hands making Akaashi raise his eyes to you, "Sounds nice, I'd love to go with you Akaashi, it's a date." Chuckling his raises your hand in his up to his lips, pressing a small kiss to your hand, "I can't wait, see you tomorrow L/n."

~ Mod Echo