Another Bounty

The sky trembled as fallen skiffs crossed the sky, while the guardian and his ghost were on the ground under the trees and bushes crawling on the ground.

"How far until we are clear Flint?" Asked the guardian with a tired tone.

"At this pace, two more days," Said the Ghost with a similar tone.

"I hate the house of devils! why in the name of the traveler do we need to go through this?"

"I told you, trying to steal their resources wasn't a good idea"

"No! It was a gamble, and I lost. Simple as that. But they didn't have to come after me so angry"

"I am surprised you are still alive, that explosion should have sent you to la-la-land"

"You tell me... " Ten let a sigh of anger. While his ghost disappeared from his side, leaving him alone.

And thus he continued crawling for the next 2 hours. The trees above him shook as another skiff crossed the sky. And following it a sound of cranking rust metal and a dying lawnmower, a fallen hovering bike, a pike. The guardian jumped from the ground, his opportunity in sight.

He took from his back a bow and arrow and pointed it towards the source of the sound, three pikes were coming his way as the riders caught sight of their pursuer. They started to fire in his direction, which made the guardian hide behind a tree and take an arrow with a rope attached to it.

"This is not the time to be cheap, use a normal arrow! You are going to miss the target!" Exclaimed Flint from the top of his lungs, he didn't have.

"Shush, I got this... I think..." The guardian said with a daring smile.

As the pikes got close the ground started to shake, and the tree behind him slowly lost its trunk as arc shots mercifully hit it. The guardian then shot the arrow to another tree by his side, around the height of his shoulders, and almost immediately a pike crossed his side, the rope hitting the pike's rider was sent to the air with him. As the pike slowly lost energy and speed, stopping as it hit a tree.

"Ha! Nailed it" the guardian said running towards the now empty pike. Hoping on and charging it, he swiftly left his position. "See Flint, I keep telling you, I am a genius!" The guardian said with a smug. "It is too early to cry victory!" Flint yelled in his ear as arc shoots rained on them. The other pikes were now following him and were more determined as a fellow rider was down. The guardian took a hold of an old hand cannon he had and shot it towards his pursuers. Even though he didn't hit them, they created distance between them. The guardian dodging trees and rocks saw a natural ark made of stones on his way, and with a smile, he took a fallen grenade from his pocket and tossed it on the top stone, and as he passed through it, the grenade exploded, bringing down the stones, unto his pursuers. The guardian without looking back continued onwards until he was far from the House of devils' territory.

And as the sun left the sky, The guardian found himself in an abandoned human city, from the golden age. He parked the pike near a house in a good state, with some moss and holes on the walls for the night. There he made a fire in the fireplace and took out a few beef jerky.

"I am so tired, Flint, how long until we reach the town?" He said lying down on top of his sleeping bag.

"In the pike? In no time, though I recommend we go there on foot"

"The lord of this area will spell trouble, he said, right?"

The guardian answered remembering the words of a caravan he had met a few days earlier, they avoided this town because of its lord.