The letter

"Come on Raj, we can work this out. Atleast for Ritu.", pleaded Ramya.

"I've had enough now. I don't think I can bear this anymore. This requires a solution......probably a legal one."

"Think about Ritu."

"Did you think about her, when you made this mess?"

Ramya had no answer to that. He was right. She never gave a thought about her daughter.

"It's getting late Ramya. We both need to go to work.", Raj walked out carrying his laptop bag.

OLD BLOOMS HOME FOR ELDER WOMEN

"Ladies, today we have a special woman with us to talk about 'HAPPINESS IN OLD TIMES'. She plays a wife, a mother and a social activist in life. Please welcome Ramya." Raji, who was in charge of the home,welcomed the speaker.

"Hello ladies, I'm Ramya and it feels really wonderful to meet you all. As you all know why I'm here, we'll straight away dive into the topic. So, tell me, when was the last time you were actually happy?", Ramya started her speech and engaged the audience with her witty and warm words.

About half hour later, the elderly women applauded Ramya for making them feel like they were teenagers again. "Age is just a number ma. All that matters is how you feel about yourself. Also, did I tell you that you look gorgeous when you blush?", she bantered with an elder woman named Rani, making the audience laugh heartily.

"Ramya, she must've remembered her first love. See, how hard she's fighting not to blush", another elderly woman named Radha spoke.

"First love huh? Seems like there are so many untold love stories here because I can see so many women blush now. So, let's talk about that."

"Uh, Ramya.....it's almost lunch time. Shall we continue the session post lunch?", Raji asked and Ramya nodded with a smile.

Ramya was busy on her phone, squinting her eyes to interpret what the message said. She dialled a number quickly and placed the phone on her ear, waiting for the receiver to pick up.

"Please try to understand me. I can't ask my parents and you know exactly why. One last time Raj please....I promise I'll go tomorrow. Please pick Ritu from school for today alone.", she requested her husband.

"I expected it to happen anyway. I'll pick Ritu."he said coldly.

"Thanks Raj. I promise this won't happen again. Going forward, I'll reschedule my work according to Ritu's school time."

"I don't trust your words Ramya. I have work. Talk to you later.", Raj hung up. Ramya sat on the park bench, with Raj's words ringing on her mind.

"The one who made us happy, is now sporting a long face.", Rani said sitting next to Ramya.

"Uh....it's nothing ma. Just a small family trouble."

"Doesn't seem small to me. Love marriage?"

"How did you find out?"

"Just a hunch. Overheard your conversation."

"I'm failing badly at this work-life balance game, I don't know what to do.", Ramya said sadly.

"Then find out where you lack.", Radha said as she walked towards Ramya.

"I don't know where I lack. I tried finding it out by myself, but I couldn't."

"Then ask him. If you don't know what your fault is, it's better to know that from him.", Rani said.

"Yes Ramya, Rani is right. Ask him."