to prevent a war

Rachel was in her cave getting ready to leave for the campfire, when she felt dizzy. She knew that it was a prophesy. She ran to the big house were Chiron would be.

“Chiron!” she yelled trying to get the Centaur’s attention, Chiron turned around “Yes?” he asked confused “I think it’s another prophesy”. Green smoke filled her eyes and mouth.

“Stop the war between brothers that worked in unity,
You will find them on the border of East and West”

Rachel collapsed in the arms of a bypassing kid of Iris.

5 minutes later the camp and Hazel and Frank (who were visiting) were gathered at the campfire first some Apollo kids sung songs to open the event. Now everyone was waiting for Chiron to start talking.

The rumor about a Prophesy had spread fast, the Ares and Athena cabin were discussing which war it was, while Percy who sat next to Annabeth was looking oddly at Will and Nico who were cuddling. When Leo arrived Chiron stood up and started talking “You already have heard about the Prophesy I assume?” almost all of them nodded.

“Well, for those who haven’t Rachel will you do the honor? He asked the redhead. Rachel who sat next to him on the wooden block nodded, Chiron had told her earlier what she had said she stood up and started. “Stop the war between brothers that worked in unity. You will find them on the border of East and West” Rachel said before she sat back down.

“Any idea what this means?” asked Will, Annabeth nodded at her good friend.

“We have to stop a war but we don’t know which war. There have been so many wars in America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania, we should figure out which war before we can do something else” Percy pipped up when I think of East and West I think of the Civil war.” Clarisse face palmed that was North and South idiot.” Frank nodded “maybe South America didn’t Ecuador and Peru have a war?” Leo nodded, “but I doubt a small border war could trigger a Prophesy, besides that’s North and South again” the others looked amazed “what? I know more than you think amigo”.

Sherman chimed up “Europe had the most wars, so I think we should look into Europe’s wars more.” Malcolm nodded “besides I am thinking that East and West could mean Eastern and Western Roman Empire, which was in Europe. This means that we have to look for our answer in the Balkans.” Annabeth smiled “good job, I think you are right, and there was a war in the 90s, actually a lot of different wars but together they are called the Yugoslav wars”. Clarisse nodded “damn that was a bloody war, they could have done Yugoslavia’s break up a bit more peaceful like the Baltic’s got their independence trough singing.”

Hazel looked amazed and Nico yelled “wait! Yugoslavia broke up?” the others except for some looked confused. Nico signed “ we were both born when Yugoslavia was a country idiots, they were my neighbors when I grew up in Italy. I remember that there was this popular politician coming up in Yugoslavia, Josip Broz if I’m not mistaken. The man believed in brotherhood and unity, I wonder what became of him.” Realizing that he had said brotherhood (brothers) and unity he looked at Annabeth. the Athena and Ares cabin all nodded. “looks like we found our country Percy said” Nico immediately stood up “I volunteer for the quest, Yugoslavia were my neighbors I want to help them, besides I can shadow travel us there.” Will yelled “o no you don’t if you go I will go with you.”

In the end the 7 + Will and Nico went on the quest, they got food from the kitchen and clothes from the early 1990’s from the Aphrodite cabin. They made it to the Argo when Ares appeared in front of them. “So you are gonna stop the Yugoslav wars and let the countries part in peace?” They all nodded “I will send you back to May 9 1990, 4 days before the red star Belgrade and Dinamo Zagreb riot. In 1990 the republics will start wanting independence.