39.7

Ramsey is riding with Alex and Brian as he is followed by Letty, who is followed by Rome and Tej.
"I don't know why we gotta keep driving around like this," Rome says as he drives, while Tej is in the back on his computer. "Why can't we just pull over somewhere, park, gather our thoughts in, like, a bunker somewhere?"
"Because it does not work like that," Tej answers him. "We gotta stick close enough to the bad guys in order to get in range for Ramsey to hack them. But we gotta be mobile enough not to get shot like fish in a barrel. So, do me a favor, focus on the mission and keep us from getting killed." Tej looks out the window as he hears a helicopter. "Guys, they're here."
"How many cars?" Letty asks him over the walkie.
"Uh, none," Tej answers her. "And that's kind of the problem."
"Okay, lets give them the tour," Brian orders over the walkie. "Break on my mark. Three, two, one. Go!" Rome turns left while Letty turns right with Brian still going straight.
"They're in range," Tej says as he types on his computer before grabbing the walkie. "Ramsey, start the hack."
"Initiating," Ramsey responds as she starts typing on her computer. "Now." Brian starts driving over a bridge. "I think we lost the chopper." The traffic splits in front of them to reveal a drone.
"I think we got bigger problems than that!" Alex tells her as she sees the drone.
"Oh, my God," Ramsey says as she sees it as well. Brian drops his car. "What are you doing?"
"We're going old school!" Brian answers her before driving underneath the Semi-truck beside them into oncoming traffic causing Brian to have to go back under the truck. Brian drives under the truck until the drone starts firing at the truck causing the driver to hit the breaks causing the trailer to swing around. Brian stays under the trailer until the drone starts shooting at them. Brian drives out from under the trailer as all of the pipes fall off of the trailer. The drone chases after them.

"It's coming back around," Ramsey says as Brian drives through the city. A cop starts chasing after Brian.
"Oh shit," Brian says as he dodges a missile from the drone that takes out the cop car. "Football's hot! I need to lateral! Rome, where are you?"
"Running back charging in!" Rome answers him.
"Meet us on Third and Spring," Alex orders Rome.
"You got it," Rome tells him.
"I'm halfway there," Ramsey says as she types on her computer.
"Grab your computer! Get in the window!" Alex orders her.
"Why?" Ramsey asks him.
"Do it! Now!" Brian tells her. "You gotta go! Right now!" Ramsey gets into the window as Brian pulls his emergency break, spinning around causing smoke to fly while Rome does the same thing. Rome and Brian pass each other while Tej pulls Ramsey into their car. Brian and Alex jump from his car before a missile hits it.
"They made it!" Tej cheers as Brian and his sister run off of the street. "I can't believe we pulled that off."

Hobbs is watching a football game before it is interrupted by the news.
"Breaking news out of Los Angeles tonight. In what can only be described as vehicular warfare," The reporter says as it shows the cop car exploding. "Police are engaged in a high speed pursuit..." The news cuts out before Hobbs looks out the window to see an explosion.
"Toretto," Hobbs says.

"Wait. What happened? We were almost there," Ramsey asks as her computer shows signal lost. "They've cut the signal! I can't finish the hack!"
"What do you mean?" Rome asks as Tej types quickly on his computer.
"Brian, Alex, they took out the tower!" Tej says over the walkie.

Hobbs gets up walking over to the window.
"Dad, what's going on?" Samantha asks as she looks up at him as Thorin sits beside her.
"Daddy's gotta go to work," Hobbs answers her before he busts his arm cast, pulling it off.
"That's so cool!" Thorin says excitedly causing Hobbs to smile. Hobbs throws on a t-shirt and bullet proof vest before holstering his gun.
"All right, kiddos. Elena's gonna be here in a little bit," Hobbs says as he turns to them.
"Go be my mom's superhero!" Thorin cheers causing Hobbs to smile before he gives Thorin a hug, as promised. Hobbs turns to his daughter. "You know our drill. Give me three for the road." They fist bump before he leaves.

"There has to be another way," Ramsey says as she types on her computer.
"A cell tower?" Alex asks as she looks around.
"Wait she's right. I'm seeing half a dozen cell towers between Sixth and State," Tej says as he stops typing on his computer before grabbing the walkie. "Brian, Alex, if you can get to the top of any one of those buildings around there, we can reroute the signal manually and finish the job."
"We're on it," Brian says as he and Alex run down the street.