41.7

CIA DETENTION BLACK SITE

Hobbs and a group of soldiers lead Deckard into a prison. As they walk guns appear in the holes in the walls.
"You sure you brought enough backup with you, Hobbs?" Deckard asks as he looks around.
"Oh, they ain't mine," Hobbs tells him. "They're here to protect you from me killing your ass." A cell door opens before Deckard walks in, sitting on the bed.
"You do know none of this will keep me, right?" Deckard asks Hobbs with a sigh, causing Hobbs to chuckle.
"Well, once you dig through 38 feet of concrete and steel, my fist and a body bag will be waiting for you on the other side," Hobbs answers him with a smirk. "So I suggest you get to digging, boy."

Mia, Jack, Alex, and Thorin are playing on the beach while Brian, Dom, Letty, Tej, Rome, and Ramsey sit around watching and talking.
"Daddy! Come play!" Mia yells at Brian for Jack.
"Yeah," Brian says with a smile.
"Look at him. Look at him," Mia tells Jack as she points at Brian before Jack runs over to Brian.
"Yeah, buddy," Brian says as he picks Jack up.
"Duty calls," Dom says with a smile.
"It does," Brian says in agreement.
"Hey, babe. Come on," Mia says as Brian gets up.
"Let's get Mama. Yeah!" Brian tells Jack as they make their way over to Mia. "Here we go!" Alex smiles as Brian and Jack pass her and Thorin. Alex sits between Rome and Tej as Thorin climbs into her brother's lap.
"Because the sun is out, I'm kind of medium rare, but I can get, like, well done. Like, really dark," Rome rambles as he talks to Tej, Alex, and Ramsey. Tej nudges Rome as he watches Brian, Mia, and Jack. "What you nudging me for?"
"Close your mouth for two seconds," Alex tells him before pointing at Mia, Brian, and Jack. "Just open your eyes, man." Brian picks up Jack with a smile on his face.
"Beautiful," Rome says as he watches.
"That's where he belongs," Letty says as she watches.
"Home," Dom says in agreement with her. "Where he's always belonged." Letty looks over at Dom with a small smile before looking back at Brian and Mia.
"Things are gonna be different now," Rome says with a small smile causing Tej to smile and nod in agreement. Brian picks Jack back up as Alex stands up with a smile. Thorin hugs his Uncle Tej before grabbing Alex's hand.
"You aren't going to say goodbye?" Ramsey asks Alex as she starts walking away with Thorin.
"It's never goodbye," Alex answers her as she watches Brian hold Jack and wrap an arm around Mia. Alex smiles as she sees Hobbs' truck waiting on her and Thorin. Alex helps Thorin into the back seat, beside Samantha before she turns back to look at her family.
"I used to believe that I was living my life a quarter-mile at a time until I had my son," Alex thinks with a smile. "And I think that's why we were family. Because you did too." Alex remembers meeting each of them for the first time. She wouldn't trade any of them for the world because they are her family and she loves them. Her eyes land on Brian, Mia, and Jack knowing that it would be different without them around but it is what is best for them.

"No matter where you all are, whether it's a quarter-mile away or halfway across the world. You all will always be with me. And you all will always be my family."