•Rise and Shine•

Monday, October 19, 1907.
      "Marion". My mother sings. I can still here her voice when the wind howls in the early morning, and the earth stops to take a breath. "Marion, mommy loves you." Her voice echoes in my head, bouncing of all sides making sure I hear her loud a clear. My mother, beautiful, independent, talented... stringed under pressure from my father. I never tell anyone, but I do believe the pressure of being a perfect wife always weighed her down. Made her think she was less, when she was not. "Marion wake up". Images I can't quite make out, always repeating in my mind.

     "Marion! Wake Up!" My body forces me up bouncing me half way out of bed and onto the floor. I wince at the pain my knee just incurred. "I have been calling your name for the past half hour Marion! Father has left early to meet the board, you have to walk us to school today."  Says the second eldest, Greimore. "Im so stupid! Im so sorry! Let's rush and get you all to school shall we?" Mornings are entirely chaotic in this house. Seven kids, and one parent... you can only imagine.

     From youngest to oldest; Jack is 6, he can already understand maths two grades ahead of himself. (Very, very intelligent.) Clove is 8, she enjoys painting. Although it's only ginger paint, you can imagine just how much heart is put into each and every painting. Julliet is 10, she plays the piano most beautifully. Reminds a lot of mom. Hollie, 12, is the most talented musical actress I know. She is the lead in almost all renditions. Kerrigan, 15, loves to cook. Mom taught her all the family secret recipes by the time she could talk. Greimore, 18, she mostly has her head in the clouds. Never focusing on her self, but a boy. I don't know what boy though, it always changes with every ball. Lastly, there is me. Marion, the girl who's only hobby is reading books at a grossly fast speed.

     As I get up from the ground, I can feel the blood rush down to my knee. I could already feel the bruise bubbling up. I grab my slippers , and rush out the door behind Greimore. "Up up! Everyone up!" "It's time for school!" "We have to leave on time to catch the post man!" Running down the stairs I can hear each door open and the sounds of many footsteps run making the house moan and creak. I quickly enter the kitchen and grab eggs, jelly, and toast. I put the eggs in a pan to scramble, there's no time for sunny side to day. I light up the fire pit allowing the pan with seven bread slices to heat up fairly quickly. I reach under the cupboard and pull out six plates. I never eat breakfast at the table. I honestly think it's a wast of time. I jam the bread, the throw the egg on top, and set each plate down at the table. It only takes the sent of toast and eggs in the morning to make sure all are down at a pleasant time.

     As soon as the last plate of food is served, all come crashing down at once. The stairs creak more than ever, and the house shouts impatiently; As if it's asking for us to please be nicer. "Good morning sister" little Jack says. "Thank you for the toast." " Did you write the letter?" Jack's voice rises with suspicion. " I did Jack. I promise." As each kid sits down, the room fills loud with small talk and laughter, allowing me to take my leave and dress for the day. I run upstairs into Greimore's closet. I would rather not admit it, but her closet is so much more.. what's the word... unique then mine. I throw on a light blue dress with a white bow in the center. I never really quite liked dresses that much. But it was better off than wearing nothing.

       "Are we all ready?" "Here,here, here". Six here's echo through the home assuring me we're all together, and we can now leave for the post, and school.