Have I️ made a match for you

Ethan proved he could be Lizzie's saving grace in more ways than one.

There was the first way, the obvious way: they were stranded with no mode of transportation due to Hope so rudely ditching them to pursue some insane plan and Ethan pulled up at the perfect moment in his pickup truck offering to give them a ride home.

The second way is that the moment Lizzie spotted him, her plan was officially in motion. As she had explained to Josie, what better way to cease Hope's erratic behavior than a rebound? And Ethan was a solid enough rebound. He was human, simple, not too much baggage. He had no Malivore DNA and wouldn't turn into a pile of black goo if he and Hope were to hookup. And he was most certainly easy on the eyes.

Being the master planner that she is, she wasting no time, raving about Hope as soon as she got into Ethan's pickup. She continued this on the way to the Salvatore School, finding that she had no shortage of positive things to say about Hope Andrea Mikaelson. Even though she already felt that she was possibly the world's greatest wing woman (which should come with its own award), she had to also admit that Hope didn't exactly make her job difficult. It would just be getting Hope to actually be willing to go out with someone else that would be the difficult part.

"I'm not saying that Hope Mikaelson is my own personal hero, I️ just don't know what any of us at this school would do without her," Lizzie said as she, Ethan, and Josie stood outside of the front door of the Salvatore School.

Ethan nodded, growing somewhat bored of the subject matter.

"So you've been saying the whole ride here," he replied. "Though I'm not exactly sure why."

Lizzie smiled, trying to appear casual and not be too obvious about her plan.

"I️ just wanted you to know how awesome Hope is," she said. "Cause she is."

Josie rolled her eyes, feeling the second hand embarrassment from her twin's overselling.

"Oh, yeah, for sure," he agreed.

He then looked around, trying to find something, anything to change the subject. Upon doing so, he noticed how nice the building in front of them was.

"I️ had no idea this place was so fancy," he remarked before looking at Josie. "I️ get why you wanted to come back here, Jo. Sure beats public school."

Josie nodded awkward.

Lizzie looked at her sister and then back at Ethan before her eyes widened as she had a sudden lightbulb moment.

"Why don't I️ give you a tour?" she blurted.

Her words immediately caused Josie's attention, whose eyes widened in shock at her sister's impulsivity and carelessness.

"And then we can keep talking," Lizzie added.

"That sounds like a really bad idea, Lizzie," Josie cut in cautiously.

Lizzie turned to Josie and glared at her for seemingly trying to ruin her plan.

"We still have to tell dad about Hope's 'surprise field trip," Josie added through gritted teeth.

Lizzie sighed, realizing the apparent glaring flaw in her otherwise spotless plan.

"Ugh, you're right," she whispered thoughtfully. "Which is why you should run along and do that while I️ show Ethan Hope's home away from home."

With that unfortunate blemish in her scheme now cleared up, Lizzie turned back to her target: Ethan.

"Sound good?" she asked.