The Fabled Beach Episode

It took them a few days to realize that Hanako had been untethered from the school. Like always, he attempted to playfully follow them home, and was actually able to step past the school's boundary.

Everyone's playful attitude vanished in an instant. "H-Hanako-Kun?"

"Wait, you could leave the school at anytime?" Kou asked.

"No. Up until a few seconds ago, I couldn't even step past that brick wall."

"Hanako-Kun! Do you know what this means?"

"Does that mean I could go to your house Yashiro?" Hanako asked, floating closer to Yashiro.

"Wha--? No!" A furious blush spread across the girl's cheeks. "It means that we can adventure somewhere! Like the beach!"

"Really Senpai? You think so?"

"We don't know how long this will last, so we might as well make do with what we can! Let Hanako-Kun have a fun day without worrying about the school or any of us. Tsuchigomori-Sensei can take over for the day!'

"As long as I can see your delicious radish legs, I'll go wherever." Hanako said.

"H-H-Hanako-Kun..-"

"-Hanako! Stop bugging Yashiro-Senpai!"

Always an adventure with the three children.

[Page Break]

The beach. A wondrous sandy oceanous adventure.

"It's not space, but it's a close second." Hanako said definitely in awe.

"Let's go into the water!!" Yashiro exclaimed.

Kou and Yahsiro bounded into the water, only noticing when Hanako wasn't following them when they hit the water, looking back to where Hanako was standing at the boundary where the water meets land.

"Hanako-Kun?"

"Hanako, can you not swim?"

"Oh I can, but it's...been a while. Ghosts have no need to swim remember? Boundary's don't exactly have enough water to need to be able to swim."

"Oh."

"Hanako-Kun, I can teach you if you want?"

"Really Yashiro? Trying to get something out of it?"

Yashiro, at her limit of perverse comments for the day, splashes water at the ghost.

Yashiro realized the issue might not have been swimming. "Hanako-Kun, in all senses of the word, this is the Near Shore, please, live a little. Leave your duties behind, and live now, make who you were before happy."

"Yashiro, you always know what to say!" And with that, Hanako bounded into the water.

The three kids played and splashed each other to their hearts content. For once, Hanako-San of the girls toilet, allowed himself to become Amane Yugi once more. If only for a little bit.

AN: This is shorter than I wanted it to be, but I'm pretty happy with it, and I'm pretty happy with the characterization, so all in all, I hope you guys enjoyed it.