08: The Siege of the North, Part 2

I flutter my eyes open and I noticed that I was tied up which made me shift uncomfortably. I sat up and noticed a figure standing in front of me.

"Who are you?"I asked as I began to fight and get out of the ropes.

"You really don't recognize me?"he asked as he turned to face me, I scanned his face carefully and I was shocked to realize that it was Zuko.

"Z-zuko? What happened to you?"I asked as I walked towards him "Your eye."

"My father did this."I shook my head as I looked up at him but he backed away instead and got into a defensive position.

"Zuko, are you going to hurt me?"I asked as my heart shattered.

"I'll do what it takes to bring the Avatar back home so I could have my honor restored."he said as he glared at me.

"What do you mean honor, Zuko?"I asked as I stared at him.

"I'm a banished prince, Xai. I was banished from my own home for 3 years."he explained as he glared at me "Only to be tracking you down. A miserable peasant along side this child."he said in disgust as he looked down at us I then noticed that Aang was now next to me and he blew out air that pushed us out of the cave.

"Aang stand still."I said as I inhaled and exhaled some ice spike that cut his ropes.

"Go ahead Aang."I said as I began to crawl.

"That won't be enough to escape."Zuke said as he lifted me off the ground.

"Appa!"Aang exclaimed as he looked up which made me look up as well.

"Here for a rematch?"Zuko asked as he pushed me back on the ground.

"Trust me. It won't be much of a rematch, Zuko."Katara said as she bended the snow on top of him.

"Xai!"Yue exclaimed as she jumped down Appa and began to undo the ropes.

"We need to get to the oasis. The spirits are in trouble."I said as I grabbed her arm and ran back to Appa with Yue but then I looked back at Zuko.

"We can't leave him here."I said as I ran back towards him and removed all the snow from him with bending.

"Sure we can. Let's go."Sokka said as he looked down at me.

"No, he will freeze to death."I said as he dragged him towards up, Aang hesitated but he helped me pull him up onto Aang.

"Yeah this makes sense. Let's bring the guy that's constantly trying to kill us."Sokka sarcastically said as I began to heat him up.

"No. No." I said as I looked up at the red moon.

Yue then moaned in pain which made me rush towards her and place my arm around her.

"Is it because of the moon spirit?"I asked as I looked down at her, she nodded her head and placed her hands on her ears but I also began to feel faint.

"The moon spirit is in trouble."I said as I looked up at the moon.

"I owe the moon spirit my life."Yue said which made my heart sink.

"No, Yue if we get there fast enough we can save them."I said as I held her hand.

"What do you mean?"Sokka asked as he leaned forward.

"When I was born, I was very sick and very weak. Most babies cry when they're born but I was born as if I were asleep. My eyes closed, our healers did everything they could. They told my mother and father that I was going to die. My father pleaded with the moon spirit to save me. That night during the full moon they bought me to the oasis and placed me into the pond. My dark hair turned white, I opened my eyes and began to cry. They knew I would live. That's why my mother named me Yue for the moon."Yue explained

I sighed as Appa began to go abit faster and we finally got to the oasis.

Aang, Sokka, Katara and I jumped off of Appa and got into our defense stances.

"Don't bother."Xaoi said as he put his fit up against the sack he hand in his hand.

"Wait. Don't. Please."I begged as I stepped forward with my hands up.

"It's my destiny to destroy the moon and the water tribe."

"Destroying the moon won't hurt just the water tribe. It will hurt everyone including you."Aang explained as he stepped forward with his hands up.

"If you destroy the moon, everything will fall out of balance. That would unleash choas to the world."I said as I looked up at him.

"They are right Xaoi."

We all looked beside us and noticed General Iroh.

"General Iroh."Xaoi said in disgust.

"Why am I not surprised to discover your treatory"Xaoi said as he looked at General Iroh.

"I'm not a traitor Xaoi. The fire nation needs the moon too. What ever you do to that spirit, I will unleash onto you ten times harder. Let it go now!"General Iroh yelled as he got into a fighting stance.

Xaoi then kneeled down and put the fish back into the pond but he unleash a huge flame into the pond which made me gasp and the moon turned black.

"No! You killed the spirit!"I yelled as I looked at Xaoi in disgust and General Iroh began to attack him.

I sighed as I took the fish out of the pond and began to tear up.

"There's no hope now."Yue said as she began to cry and look at the fish.

"It's all over."Yue sadly said as I placed the fish back into the pond and began I angrily looked down at the dead fish and began to shake violently.

"Xai?"Yue asked as she moved closer to me but Sokka pulled her back.

"No it's not over."I said as I slowly walked into the pond with Aang and before I knew it I blacked out.